• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller Removal Tool?

dcnorman07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am needing to replace my impeller on my 2014 AR192 and cannot find what the part # is for the impeller removal tool. Does anybody know?

I'm hoping this will help my issue of not being able to get the boat on plane under heavier loads. Had about 1,080 lbs of body weight and it couldn't get it on plane and I have a hard time popping adult wakeboarders out of the water.

Attachments

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
IMG_0935.JPG IMG_0936.JPGdoing the same fix on mine... I will get a copy of the spline tool part number...

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
You can get the adapter to hold the driveshaft from Solas. --->http://islandracing.net/192.html (SOLAS DRIVESHAFT HOLDER
WR014H $29.95)

Then all you do is use a vice and a wrench and unscrew it. Look up youtube videos...

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Man...that is a lot of damage for very new boats. Where are you boating?

dcnorman07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought mine about a month and a half ago in Nebraska (I live in OKC, OK). This is my first boat and even though I did a lot of research beforehand, I didn't know enough to look at the impeller or it had slipped my mind.

It runs great with lighter loads and during the test run, we got up to 51-52mph. Figured everything had to be good to hit those speeds. It has ran like that since I've had it home as well, it's just under the heavier loads is when I start having plane issues.

I have watched a few videos and read up on how to change it, I just can't seem to find the part number of the removal tool. Seems easy enough with a little elbow grease.

Currently been boating at Arcadia Lake which has a sand/mud bottom. The guy I bought it from used to run it straight up on the banks of where he boated, so I'm assuming he picked up several rocks doing that?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a setup that worked for me several times. Different prop in this pic, but the same concept. You would be standing in front and pushing down - with an impeller wrench - the prop thread is left-handed.
That vice is barely big enough, BTW.

An example of a cheater bar that works - this one is 6ft iron support arm for a lift/crane

and the best wrench I found for these neck nuts on OEM impellers, easy to use with a cheater bar/pipe:

--

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The Columbia river went down a great deal in the couple of weeks between boat trips... came up on inches of water pretty far off the bank pretty quickly..:(

dcnorman07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a great price on the impeller! Ordered my impeller and O-ring from partzilla and they will be here Tuesday. Paid $220 shipped for those.

Ordered the removal tool from Impros and paid $30 shipped for it. Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. Looks like Thursday will be attempted install day. Hope it goes smoothly.

Boat is loaded and ready to go for today. Just waiting on a couple friends to get here and we're off to the lake. Hopefully it will be the last outing with the jacked up impeller. *fingers crossed*

dcnorman07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I got the new impeller installed tonight. We're going to take the boat out tomorrow evening for a test run. The removal wasn't too bad. I took into over to a friends house because he had a bench vice, however, we ended up having to improvise because the torque required was literally lifting the bolts that held the vice to the table straight out. Here was our improvised solution that ended up working really well. 27mm wrench for the impeller and 30mm wrench for the removal tool, FYI.

IMG_7272.JPG

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don't think this is the right impeller... Looks like OEM for the MR-1 impeller model (not 1.8).
I totally could be wrong.
I sure hope not.. well it won't get here till Saturday. Coming all the way from Maryland...
:(
--
IMG_0949.PNG IMG_0950.PNG

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm starting to think that as well.. I sent a message to viper and will see how his worked out..

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you @swatski and @viper15.... I have the right impeller coming from Berts Mega Mall in Cali (Mario super helpful).... also shout out to PWC parts in Maryland for letting me return the impeller I ordered incorrectly.. new impeller be here Friday...

dcnorman07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to follow up, we took the boat out this evening with the new impeller and it made a world of difference! It jumps right out of the water like it should, now. It feels almost like a new boat.

IMG_8752.JPG IMG_7275.JPG

paratrooper39

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish I had the tools or location to do this myself... seems like a dealer will charge an arm and leg to do this for me. After selling my house and moving to Cali for work I live in an apartment without the proper tools :(

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@paratrooper39 pulling the pump and removing the impeller and shaft is an easy job with minimal tools or effort,
you could then take it to any PWC shop and ask them to remove and install the new impeller, that would save a lot of labor cost

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish I had the tools or location to do this myself... seems like a dealer will charge an arm and leg to do this for me. After selling my house and moving to Cali for work I live in an apartment without the proper tools :(
Where in California are you?