• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impros was Great

Tom1963

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As a new jet owner, I picked up some rocks recently. Performance was degraded immediately: revving to 8000, cavitation, lack of power.
I made an inquiry to the Impros general mailbox on a Sunday and Glen called me back on that same Sunday!
He questioned me extensively to find out the current performance levels of the boat and what would I change if I could. I requested to gain more torque for skiing and tubing.

He then guided me how to remove the entire pump and send the whole unit to him for evaluation.

His advice and guidance was great. His responsiveness and follow through was immediate.

He fixed the pump in 3 days and had it back on UPS to me in the same week!

I put the pump in today and ran the boat and it performs amazing. I can feel the added torque and did not loose any top speed.

A great experience overall.

Before and after pictures below.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
great to hear it went well,

how much did it cost to ship the shaft/impeller assembly?
how much did Impros charge for their work?

we have instructions in the FAQ on how to remove pumps, impellers and just about everything else on the boat,

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, that guy Glenn Perry took over Impros recently, he used to be at Skat. He is passionate about impellers!

Tom1963

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
great to hear it went well,

how much did it cost to ship the shaft/impeller assembly?
how much did Impros charge for their work?

we have instructions in the FAQ on how to remove pumps, impellers and just about everything else on the boat,
I sent the entire pump assembly with shaft, impeller, wear ring, vane and steering nozzle from Boston to Cali. It was $125 each way.

He repaired and repitched the impeller. Replaced the wear ring, new cone bearings and assembled the entire pump for $900 plus shipping.

Thx for the advice on the FAQ. You tube was great for this project. It was much easier than I expected! Been working on old cars for years and there is always something. It went in and out in 30 minutes !

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My recent experience with Impros was excellent as well. My new impellers work exactly as hoped.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m glad to read about these recent positive reviews of Impros service as I’m about to send back one of my Impellers to be repitched.

Starting with the new end of the story first, I wrote them about two weeks ago to see what they would do about an impeller they sold me last year. Glen wrote back almost immediately stating that David no longer owns the company but that he would repitch my impeller at no cost to me.

I originally bought two solas impellers from David at Impros a few years ago. Last year on the way back from a weekend boating trip in Sacramento I took the helm back from my wife after she got a little too close to a few pieces of drift wood. Soon afterwards my port engine started vibrating and stopped producing thrust 35 miles from my tow vehicle, we made it home safely but that is another story.

Anyway as it turns out one of the impeller’s blades broke off and got wedged between the other blades and the stator (fixed fins). I had to put the pump, shaft and impeller into a vise to pry the broken blade out. I’ve been running on my oem Impellers all season because I didn’t write Impros during the last off season. I didn’t make the same mistake this year. My top speed dropped2D1B4C16-310D-454E-BD49-30166EAD084D.jpeg 3 mph from 52 to 49, i also noticed that the boat with stock implllers seems to cavitate more from a standing start.

Attachments