• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Infinity 6100M Mic Replacment Cord

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone, a lot of people and myself have had their Infinity 6100 mic cords turn into garbage. So I was able to find a manufacturer to produce some and will order some in small batches as needed. Unfortunately, making small orders of custom made cords isn't very cheap, and amazon takes it's share so they came out more expensive than I had thought. But hopefully these can start getting people back up and running with their sound systems. This is an easy to install yourself cord, so I assume that most people will opt for that. I will be making a video on how to replace it so you all can see how easy it is. If some of you would rather send me your mic and I do the switch for you then that's ok, but my time is expensive so message me and we can go over it. Otherwise I hope this helps and message me with any questions. Here's the link.

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is an installation video.

ChrisWarr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Other
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I posted in another forum and unsure if your able to see it. I have been looking for a replacement cord and am excited to see it, unfortunately it’s out of stock. I do have the jumper you put out there not to long ago but ... would love the cord. Please let me know

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I posted in another forum and unsure if your able to see it. I have been looking for a replacement cord and am excited to see it, unfortunately it’s out of stock. I do have the jumper you put out there not to long ago but ... would love the cord. Please let me know
Hey, sorry for the late response, I'll try to get some more made here soon. I'll let you know when they are back in stock.

Tallykenj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hey, sorry for the late response, I'll try to get some more made here soon. I'll let you know when they are back in stock.
Hi. I will gladly pay whatever it costs for a new cord. Mine works but the outer sleeve is falling apart.

viper1964

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi Bob. I just have to say that I was lucky as I ordered mine right before you ran out! Living in the north, I just got my boat out of storage & installed my mic, with the replacement cord that you made. Everything works perfectly now! I am so excited to have my Infinity 6100m working again & can't wait to get back out on the water. Quick question, have you given any thought to make the replacement power cord too? Much like the mic cord, I am noticing that the rubber insulation on the power cord is beginning to crack & peel. I would definitely purchase that as well.

Thanks again for making the replacement mic cord. (I will probably purchase an extra one when you have more made.)

Ken

skoko

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hi Bob. Just following up to see if there is going to be any more stock on the cords?

Thanks,
Rob

Brimer

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hi just joined the Jet Boat Forum, and am in need of the microphone cord and possibly the microphone
also, so any info on this would be of value. I have a Wake 230, and the existing cord is toast.

Mreamann

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Bob, both links show the product is currently unavailable. Like everyone else I'm very excited stumbling upon this site and the prospect of fixing my mic. My music was cutting in and out last year, and now there is none, though the mic still works. I have the classic several breaks in the upper portion of the cord, and what seems to really be broken is the woven wire jacket inside the foil around the colored wires. If I wiggle it at that spot I get all kinds of crackling in the speakers.

I'll probably buy both so that if the cord deteriorates again I could at least have the bypass as a back-up. Save me, PLEASE!!

That gives me an idea, you could call the cord the 6100M Lifeline. God knows, Infinity has left us adrift out here and we need rescuing.[flag]

Bob Saget

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bob, both links show the product is currently unavailable. Like everyone else I'm very excited stumbling upon this site and the prospect of fixing my mic. My music was cutting in and out last year, and now there is none, though the mic still works. I have the classic several breaks in the upper portion of the cord, and what seems to really be broken is the woven wire jacket inside the foil around the colored wires. If I wiggle it at that spot I get all kinds of crackling in the speakers.

I'll probably buy both so that if the cord deteriorates again I could at least have the bypass as a back-up. Save me, PLEASE!!

That gives me an idea, you could call the cord the 6100M Lifeline. God knows, Infinity has left us adrift out here and we need rescuing.[flag]

Ha Ha Ha, I'll see if 6100MLifeline.com is taken or not. Yeah the cords went really fast so I need to order more of those, but I should be able to make more of the bypass plugs pretty fast here. I'll let you know when I have some. Feel free to buy both, but one good thing about these cords is they are not made by the same manufacturer as the the original mics cables, so they will hopefully last much longer. There was definitely something wrong with the rubber they used on the original mic cable.
The wire mesh actually caries the ground signal if I remember right so it's no wonder that your system would work sporadically.
-Bob

kwsandy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ha Ha Ha, I'll see if 6100MLifeline.com is taken or not. Yeah the cords went really fast so I need to order more of those, but I should be able to make more of the bypass plugs pretty fast here. I'll let you know when I have some. Feel free to buy both, but one good thing about these cords is they are not made by the same manufacturer as the the original mics cables, so they will hopefully last much longer. There was definitely something wrong with the rubber they used on the original mic cable.
The wire mesh actually caries the ground signal if I remember right so it's no wonder that your system would work sporadically.
-Bob
Bob, I have an extra microphone if you think you could get it copied.(also have extra new amp&maybe other parts) And put the new copies for sale, maybe take preorders. It's so many people that need one that I was trying to help them. Also I need to buy new mic cord/cords as soon as you have some available. Thank you for your help.

brackenb5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I like others need a replacement cable. I posted the request on your other thread but figured I would post here as well in case you miss it.

JIFFSTER00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bob Saget Add me to the list of folks that are in need of a replacement cable ... Bought a used boat last week with this Infinity System in it and the cable is falling to pieces like everyone else, if you make another run of these I would like one, well really two of them, one for a backup as the system is now discontinued and there are really no replacement solutions except the one you came up with. Thanks in advance.

Leah629

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you could help me get my hands on one as well I’d really appreciate it !
Leah

Jstreet3399

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Does any know if I just buy a new head unit to just by pass the mic will fix the issue?

Fjoecaruso

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Add me to the list of folks that are in need of a replacement cable ... Bought a used boat this summer with this Infinity System in it and the cable is falling to pieces like everyone else, if you make another run of these I would like one. there are really no replacement solutions except the one you came up with. Thanks in advance. Joe Chicago

CHL TN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Add me to the list of folks that are in need of a replacement cable ... Bought a used boat this summer with this Infinity System in it and the cable is falling to pieces like everyone else, if you make another run of these I would like one. there are really no replacement solutions except the one you came up with. Thanks in advance. Joe Chicago
Add me as well, my cable still works but all the rubber has fallen off and it seems like only a matter of time.