• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Inflatable Class IV capable Sea Eagle 420X Kayak

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
txav8r bought another boat!!! Hey, a boat is a boat. We have been running the motorhome gig now for almost 5 years, and boatless for that time period. Lots of adventures, fun, a little disappointment, all in the RV. We bought electric bikes, Pedego Interceptor Platinums over a year ago and have enjoyed them. But we have always seen one body of water or another and wished we could get out on it. I didn't have a desire to get a bigger boat to take care of, and pulling a boat along with the car, behind the coach is not happening. So...after exhaustive research...and would anyone expect me to research? lol...I found top inflatable that is capable of Class IV rapids, easy to sail, and can take us and any animal or grandkids additions as well.

It is a Sea Eagle 420X from Inflatable Boats, Inflatable Kayaks, Inflatable SUPs and Inflatable Boat Accessories from SeaEagle.com . I chose this model for a number of reasons, the least of which is the whitewater rating. I doubt we will do much whitewater rafting, but who knows...if I can talk Clara into it, then maybe! We willl run lots of rivers, bays, and inland lakes, along with intercostal waterways. The boat is portable, weighs 44 pounds including needed seats and gear, and folds into its bag, 31'"x21"x10". In addition to the boat, I bought a portable sail rig from Sailboats To Go - Our Mission: Extremely Portable Sailboats . The sail rig adds another bag that is 35 to 40 pounds. Best of all, I not only can store and carry this in the motorhome, I can pull it out, take it in the car (towed behind the coach when traveling), get to where we want to use it, and be on the water in about 10 minutes kayak only, or add another 15 minutes to set up the sail rig. It isn't a cheesy downwind sail. This rig has fully capable upwind/downwind capability and probably has more ability than my own novice limitations. We already know we will sail it on our own Lake Ray Roberts, Whiterock Lake, and Texoma. But we will be back in Creede, CO next summer and will not only sail and kayak on the Rio Grande Reservoir, Lake San Cristobal, and various other mountain lakes, but on the Rio Grande River as well!

I am less than a year until I retire now!!! And we will be off on extended RV adventures periodically. The boat and bikes will be with us and we are really looking forward to retirement and travel. I haven't been on the forum in a very long time, and I exited without fanfare. I was just sitting here today and thought about saying hello, so hello! But I wanted to share a bit of what we have been up to as well. I see many new names of the forum, and I am sure @Bruce @Julian and the other guys are keeping the lights on here! Ill leave you with a few file photo pics...
Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 2.08.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-27 at 2.21.39 PM.png

txav8r

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r, how much is that rig including the sail?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hi @Bruce ,
The boat is on sale thru Saturday I believe, with free shipping, 180 day trial, and a 3 year warranty. The boat is $1099 for the Pro edition. The basic sail kit is $599. I bought a super deluxe package that upgrades the mast and gear for a 55 sq ft sail kit vs the 45 sq ft basic, and stabilizing outriggers. I also added a third seat for our granddaughter in the Sea Eagle package, oh, and uncle sam added $92 too. All told, the boat was $1250.64, and the sail kit was $1120, but he hit me $35 for shipping but no tax. They make inflatable tenders, canoes, SUPs, and more. Check out their website. If I were considering Bimini, I think I would drag along a tender to play in too!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very nice versatile setup. The outrigger and lee board rigging will give you some nice upwind sailing capabilities. Good to see you back on the water.

We have been wanting to try this inflatable, but we do not need a 3rd sailboat.

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@zipper , that looks like a pretty nice boat too. What brought me to the Explorer 420X was the idea of compact for RV travel, but a kayak. It was as I researched that I found videos and information about how great a sailboat it made too. It’s very roomy comfortable I hear. I should get the boat and sails next week. Confession: other than a captained charter in the VI ans BVI, I have never sailed. So I see this as a very forgiving trainer too, even for whitewater as a kayak! It should be fun.

I don’t know if I ever posted this. We lost our Chesterboy last May. To this day, we hear and see him, and miss him so much. We have been on a list to get another boxer for months, but so far two false pregnancies. We are waiting as this breeder has descendants of Chester’s bloodline. But Chester was part of all of our motorhome and boating activities. We wait patiently, but hope we soon have a pup to fill the hole in our hearts.

Last edited: