• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Inflatable towable recommendation

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Looking to get another towable toy for the kids (11 & 8). We have a basic tube that you lay on, but they don't seem to like that much. The sit-on style like the Super Mable seems popular. Anyone try the Chariot Warbird? Any other recommendations?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looking to get another towable toy for the kids (11 & 8). We have a basic tube that you lay on, but they don't seem to like that much. The sit-on style like the Super Mable seems popular. Anyone try the Chariot Warbird? Any other recommendations?
I have a big Mable HD, everyone seems to like riding on that. It can be flipped around and ridden chariot style as well. One thing I will tell you is to pump it up properly it makes a huge difference in how it can be towed. I’m at high altitude and initially I did not blow up as hard as it should be and my boat struggled to pull it with 6 people on board and two on big Mable, and it was very hard to get it to swing outside the wake. Once I pumped it up properly, felt kinda too hard, I was able to tow it much easier and get it to swing outside the wake.

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We currently have the Chariot Warbird 3 and previously had the Warbird 2. The great thing about the tube is that it's very flexible in how it can be towed. We've had kids as young as 4 on it and never felt like there was a safety issue. It is able to be towed in an "adventurous" way for those that want a more exciting ride. The riders can sit, lay, kneel on it. I dare say it's *almost* unflippable. The wings on the outside give it a ton of stability even when it lifts off the water surface (clearly anything can be flipped over but the riders would probably need to be wearing helmets if you were towing this in a way that would flip it).

As noted in the prior comment, it must be properly inflated to avoid drag. It is a very expensive tube but well worth it in our opinion.

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the Super Mable. My kids love it. It had an issue on the main tube with a bulge. Sent Airhead pics, descriptions, proof or purchase, less than 24 hours a later they sent out another tube. Approved warranty claim on the 12th, my replacement showed up today. Didn't even miss a trip taking the kids out. Awesome customer service.

But the ones they sell at Costco or Sams are always good if you have a membership. Both places honor returns way over a year after purchase.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We had a 3 person banana boat growing up. That thing was a blast! They now have a hot dog version that's cheaper, not sure how it compares. Just cant stomach the cost of a true banana boat now.

Jmiller912

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have the warbird 3 person and absolutely love it. We have tried the others and kids didn’t like them. We did try the super mable only rode once didn’t care for the comfort and it was more bouncy compared to warbird. We have had the warbird for four years now. Replaced the main tube twice however.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you have a Costco membership I would look at their current HO offerings:

We bought the Exo-3 a couple years ago for $199 and after a season of use the material around one of the fill valves developed a leak. Took it back to Costco and they gave me a full refund with no questions asked. Walked down the aisle where they keep the outdoors stuff and got a new Striker-3 for basically the same price. HO makes pretty good stuff and it's tough to beat the prices and return policy at Costco. You can even find towables on sale at your local Costco that are not shown online.

Bonfiggy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If you have a Costco membership I would look at their current HO offerings:

We bought the Exo-3 a couple years ago for $199 and after a season of use the material around one of the fill valves developed a leak. Took it back to Costco and they gave me a full refund with no questions asked. Walked down the aisle where they keep the outdoors stuff and got a new Striker-3 for basically the same price. HO makes pretty good stuff and it's tough to beat the prices and return policy at Costco. You can even find towables on sale at your local Costco that are not shown online.
2nd this. Costco is the spot for towables due to their warranty.

We picked up the Striker 3 at the beginning of the season and it's been a hit with the kids and their friends.