• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Initial mock-up of bimini extension mod

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm working on my next mod, which is to extend the bimini to provide more shade for my wife who has had a couple bouts of skin cancer. I just want to increase the shade inside the boat without intruding into the headroom of the rear swim platform. I think that 3'x5' flags/banners will serve as good shades. Using cheap plastic clamps from Home Depot are useful to make simple side shades.
To extend the back edge of the bimini, I'm using two Bomb Wake flag holders with 1/2" aluminum tubing, snap d-clips, and some bungee cord to support a 3x5 banner. I'd only use this while anchored, but once I get the bugs worked out, it might handle a slow cruise. Here are a couple pics of the mock-up.
upload_2016-5-5_18-31-56.png
upload_2016-5-5_18-33-26.png

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like where your head is at. We ended up putting a cabana/table umbrella up. It stores nicely in the bow and kind of makes the back of the boat feel like a walk up bar area. We just use the small table stand and set her in. Works great and people always comment on it. image.jpeg