• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

InlandJet Pro Performance Impeller - anyone install one of these?

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saw this impeller kit - it's not a lot more than the L13 cones and seems like it would have greater potential performance improvement. Anyone have any experience with these?

Impeller Sale & JetSki Parts

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw this impeller kit - it's not a lot more than the L13 cones and seems like it would have greater potential performance improvement. Anyone have any experience with these?

@swatski has done some EXTENSIVE testing with an entire range of impellers. His research showed that the stock 6CW impellers and L13 cones with a well sealed intake tract are the best "all around" setup you can get.

With what I'm going to call the "Swatski JetPump Upgrade Starter Pack" (I need a marketing guy to work on that name, maybe a cool acronym?) I have listed above here, I can pull a wakeboarder out of the water with 7 people and 3 coolers in the boat, and have hit as high as 45mph in my AR190. I could probably get a bit more pull if I pitched down, and maybe another mph or two if I pitched up. I could tune in the system a little bit more by changing out washers on the L13 cone as well........Overall though, the boat is extremely consistent with this setup, and I'm pretty happy with how it performs.

What are your goals with the boat? Are you chasing a high top speed number? Looking for "tractor like" pull for surfing? Like any other custom setup, knowing the goals going in can help us guide you to the best results.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What are your goals with the boat? Are you chasing a high top speed number? Looking for "tractor like" pull for surfing? Like any other custom setup, knowing the goals going in can help us guide you to the best results.
To be perfectly honest, I mostly just like working on things. And I've found that, despite the cost of parts, working on my toys is much cheaper than dating. Besides, to paraphrase Field of Dreams, "if you build it, they will come." 😏

My immediate goals are to make the boat handle a little better in both ideal and less-than-ideal conditions, and to be more enjoyable in-general. To that end, I've already installed the Cobras w/Fangs (really enjoy those); portable toilet is in (for emergency use only!!!); and my Lectrotab trim tabs shipped today (installing Sunday!). Did my own break-in service. Already planning a larger-than-desired upgrade to the audio system (stupid OEM amplifier.....). Have my keel and bow guards sitting on the table waiting for Sunday, too. etc etc. Going to add an additional lip to the windscreen to prevent the center panel from being hyper-extended...again. A friend of mine is going to bring his wakeboard out this weekend so I can have a go at that - never done it before but looks like a lot of fun and could spur some additional mods. Going to remove the Yamaha badging from the sides since that adds no value and just makes waxing the hull more difficult. So... yeah.... umm... No real specific goals, just having fun with the new toy.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To be perfectly honest, I mostly just like working on things. And I've found that, despite the cost of parts, working on my toys is much cheaper than dating. Besides, to paraphrase Field of Dreams, "if you build it, they will come." 😏
I 100% get that.

Yank the pumps and seal the intake. It's a cheap "mod" that pays dividends, and gets you familiar with the pump and how all that goes togethor. I'm probably going to "reseal" mine this winter as well since I didn't remove the pump last time. Here's where I did it the first time.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yank the pumps and seal the intake. It's a cheap "mod" that pays dividends, and gets you familiar with the pump and how all that goes togethor. I'm probably going to "reseal" mine this winter as well since I didn't remove the pump last time. Here's where I did it the first time.
I may do that if I have time Sunday. But I suspect installing the trim tabs and keel/bow guards will eat the entire day. Nothing on this boat has gone as quickly as expected - even registration, but that's a sore subject for another forum...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may do that if I have time Sunday. But I suspect installing the trim tabs and keel/bow guards will eat the entire day. Nothing on this boat has gone as quickly as expected - even registration, but that's a sore subject for another forum...
I had a helluva time registering mine as well. The "new for 2017" model numbers weren't in the Indiana system yet, so they had to get a manger to create one to match the bill of sale and title work. Took a shade over 2 hrs for what should've been 20 minutes. I bought in May so you would have thought those would've already been in there. Surely I didn't register the first AR190 in Indiana in 2017!?!?!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I would be surprised if those work better than the OEM, they look like Solas Dynafly/Concord cousins, lol. I have never had great results with those. Glenn at Impros could be called to ask for his honest opinion? I just don't know anything about this brand.

I currently run the 6CW impeller - factory pitch both sides - and LOVE those. Except those are a bit louder, but the performance is dynamite.

There is a good thread on pump porting/sealing with a grate/taboo - somewhere here, some of us use fiber-bondo with great results.

Most importantly - keep us posted!!!

--

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a helluva time registering mine as well. The "new for 2017" model numbers weren't in the Indiana system yet, so they had to get a manger to create one to match the bill of sale and title work. Took a shade over 2 hrs for what should've been 20 minutes. I bought in May so you would have thought those would've already been in there. Surely I didn't register the first AR190 in Indiana in 2017!?!?!
I scoff at your two hours!!! I'm at 25 days and still can't register! And it's all due to documentation issues. First it was the invoice, then the title, and dealing with the Louisiana tax bureaucracy, etc. etc. After 25 days, I've paid all the taxes (three different offices and locations!) and got my trailer titled/registered in LA. But either the dealer or Ohio screwed up the title (listed my boat as a 36' model) and I can't re-title or register the boat until they clear that mess up. The dealer called me back this afternoon and.....SUPPOSEDLY.... the state of Ohio is mailing a new memorandum of title today. With some luck, I can submit the paperwork next week and finally be done with this crap!

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I currently run the 6CW impeller - factory pitch both sides - and LOVE those. Except those are a bit louder, but the performance is dynamite.
I don't even know what impeller is in my rig. @swatski What's the difference with the 6CW? What changes do they bring?

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't even know what impeller is in my rig. What's the difference with the 6CW? What changes do they bring?
I'm not sure what's in there.

The 6CW is the part number designation for the impeller on the SX/AR190's. It's a 155mm impeller that will fit in the 242 series of boats. It's slightly longer with a slightly different pitch, but is still a factory Yamaha part.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I boat at elevation and purchased a pair of custom pitched 6cw impellers from Impros to run on my AR240 and they changed my life! The performance is significantly better throughout the range. Launch, midrange acceleration, top speed, and even turning. Before, when I'd pitch it into a turn it would bog down and the turning radius was terrible at speed... after switching, I can throw it into a turn, add power and she swings right around (doesn't break loose, just turns sharper. There's just more thrust there to do the work. I wished I had known about it 3 sessions ago.

Last edited:

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I boat at elevation and purchased a pair of custom pitched 6cw impellers from Impros to run on my AR240 and they changed my life! The performance is significantly better throughout the range. Launch, midrange acceleration, top speed, and even turning. Before, when I'd pitch it into a turn it would bog down and the turning radius was terrible at speed... after switching, I can throw it into a turn, add power and she swings right around (doesn't break loose, just turns sharper. There's just more thrust there to do the work.
So what's this custom pitch you speak of??? Is it an Impros stock item? Or is it custom to you? Did you find extra top speed? Or does it just maintain top speed better?
I wished I had known to have dinner out 3 sessions ago.
Huh?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So what's this custom pitch you speak of??? Is it an Impros stock item? Or is it custom to you? Did you find extra top speed? Or does it just maintain top speed better?

Huh?
Glenn at Impros custom pitched them. I think they just adjust the angle of the trailing edge and it does some magical stuff to gain back some lost RPM's at altitude. He may pitch them differently depending on the elevation. @swatski, whose doing much of his boating at significantly lower elevation is running stock pitch on his.

I did gain 3-4mph top speed. Prior to the swap I my top speed was 41-42 when loaded. Last time I was out I hit 45.5 MPH (gps).

In my opinion, anyone running a 24ft maybe even a 21ft Yamaha should do this swap. It is without a doubt the best performance mod for my boat and situation.

Typo - fixed it.
I wished I had known about it 3 sessions ago.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Glenn at Impros custom pitched them. I think they just adjust the angle of the trailing edge and it does some magical stuff to gain back some lost RPM's at altitude. He may pitch them differently depending on the elevation. @swatski, whose doing much of his boating at significantly lower elevation is running stock pitch on his.

I did gain 3-4mph top speed. Prior to the swap I my top speed was 41-42 when loaded. Last time I was out I hit 45.5 MPH (gps).

In my opinion, anyone running a 24ft maybe even a 21ft Yamaha should do this swap. It is without a doubt the best performance mod for my boat and situation.
Wow! That's a big loss of speed. I'm at (or below, depending on the day) sea level and I've hit a max speed of 50.2 going up-stream on the Tchefuncta river, with 46-48 being hit regularly. Haven't been able to find flat water that wasn't flowing but I assume I can pick up 1-2 mph. I didn't have a chance to go wide-open down-stream because, when I turned around to do it, there was a lot of traffic - people heading home at the end of the day. Those are indicated speeds, though. I'll measure it with an external GPS next time I do a speed test.

@swatski what changes did you notice in going to the 6CW? You described the performance as "dynamite," but what does that mean? Better acceleration, faster top end, better low-speed towing?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! That's a big loss of speed. I'm at (or below, depending on the day) sea level and I've hit a max speed of 50.2 going up-stream on the Tchefuncta river, with 46-48 being hit regularly. Haven't been able to find flat water that wasn't flowing but I assume I can pick up 1-2 mph. I didn't have a chance to go wide-open down-stream because, when I turned around to do it, there was a lot of traffic - people heading home at the end of the day. Those are indicated speeds, though. I'll measure it with an external GPS next time I do a speed test.

@swatski what changes did you notice in going to the 6CW? You described the performance as "dynamite," but what does that mean? Better acceleration, faster top end, better low-speed towing?
Yes, elevation is a killer for the power of these little N/A motors. I'm at 4,500ft here and boat on some reservoirs as high at 6,000ft. I don't notice much difference from 4,500ft to 6,000ft, but these boats do not perform the same the same here as at sea level. Having done the ribbon delete, iridium spark plugs, sealing/porting the pumps, and 6CW impellers. I'm confident I have one of the best performing 24ft Yamaha's in my region. The impellers made the most noticable difference. It just brought it to life. I didn't realize how bogged down and sluggish it had been all this time prior. The changed is noticable.

I'm sure the results are more dramatic in my case, due to the elevation issue. Those at lower elevations I'm sure can gain some benefits and change in efficiency, but the gains might be less obvious due to better ending performance in general.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The hole shot is just stronger compared to stock impellers, the boat also gets up to speed with a ton of ballast with ease running 6cws, seem to have more low-end grunt. They also sound a bit different and are a bit louder. They are significantly taller than 6AP stock impellers which is curious.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The hole shot is just stronger compared to stock impellers, the boat also gets up to speed with a ton of ballast with ease running 6cws, seem to have more low-end grunt. They also sound a bit different and are a bit louder. They are significantly taller than 6AP stock impellers which is curious.
If they are taller, did you need to modify or replace the impeller shafts?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they are taller, did you need to modify or replace the impeller shafts?
There's no need to change anything with the shaft. The impeller installs over the shaft and does not effect its length. They seem to fit just fine despite the height difference.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There's no need to change anything with the shaft. The impeller installs over the shaft and does not effect its length. They seem to fit just fine despite the height difference.
Interesting...... Well, I'll just add the 6CW's and some L13's to the queue for next year - somewhere after the audio upgrade, maybe along with the SeaDek. I think I'll be done for this calendar year after I get the trim tabs, keel and bow guards, second anchor, lighted trailer guides, and window mod installed.