• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Inside the boat storage ideas

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all,

I was looking around the forum and saw several ideas for storage on the 24' boats with the head compartment. I got to thinking about "organizing" my boat as everything is usually just stuffed somewhere until I have to dig it out to use it. Does anyone here have good ideas for 210/212 storage ideas?

My boat does not have the head compartment like the older 210's but I'm curious to see your ideas.

Happy boating.

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess not. Well it was worth a shot.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@spaz944 the easiest storage mod you can do to your 24' is using a closet door shoe organizer inside your helm. Cheap and easy. I will try to find a picture for you.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @GiddYupJoe. I had looked through those ideas. I was just curious if any of the 21' boaters had done any mods.

I don't have the 24' boat so my layout is quite different, even though the ideas can be retro'd from the 24' to the 21' with some minor modifications.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @GiddYupJoe. I had looked through those ideas. I was just curious if any of the 21' boaters had done any mods.

I don't have the 24' boat so my layout is quite different, even though the ideas can be retro'd from the 24' to the 21' with some minor modifications.
Wow. Completely misread your boat model! I will defer this to the 21' owners now. Good luck.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 210, we did the shoe rack thing, that's great for keeping nicnaks off the floor. Probably the best thing we did was secure a full size kitchen garbage can in there. It hardly takes up any room. I don't have a picture but basically a small strap secures it at the top. Putting that in there with was a game changer for all the cans and lunch items. Highly suggest.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For the 21'-ers we are def. limited for options for doing a lot of storage/organization stuff. I did the shoe rack thing on the front side of the compartment like many others have posted, that works awesome for us for that quick grab stuff you need (dock lines, can coozies, etc). Super cheap and easy to do.

Outside that I really don't have much more organization stuff other than we usually put this here and that there. Ex: towels go in the front under seat spot. I bought a bunch of boxes (w/ latch closings) that fit into certain areas of the boat to make better use of certain spaces. I also have a few 2 gal. buckets (I think they are feed buckets?) that fit just under the seats that keep things together and not rolling around inside compartments.

My wish list for mods in this area are the following:
- A bracket/holder for the table and leg that would keep it upright and easy to get in/out. Our table usually ends up flat on the ground one of the rear under seat compartments. I would love to have it against the back wall of the compartment on the pass. side.
- A shelf in the storage compartment would be nice, but not really easy to mount something that could bear much weight on it.
- Garbage collection somewhere that isn't just a bag hooked onto something and still make it easy to get stuff into it.

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the suggestions. I too have struggled to find the right spots to fit things in this boat. I will have to get a shoe organizer and trash can. I'll keep my eyes on this post too and hopefully others will give their ideas too.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I'd highly recommend the trash can. If you open the door immediately to your right is where we put it. There is a bolt ther that holds the back of a bow cushion. We utilized that to out a strap in so the can can easily be secured. Wish I had a pic for you but the boat is hibernating.

When someone is on the boat and asks where to put their trash they're always blown away that there is a full trash can inside there. And again, it doesn't get in the way at all from putting other things in there either.

JimG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I also have a 21 footer and plan to do some storage cabinet modifications when I get the boat out this spring. I don't have much experience working with fiberglass, so I would appreciate any advice on the best way to secure stuff to the fiberglass walls on the inside of the storage cabinet. I know there are a number of screws that stick through the fiberglass into the compartment that can be used as anchor points , but they are not always where you need them! Do you epoxy hooks or other attachments onto the fiberglass, or is drilling screws into the fiberglass the way to go? Is there a 'trick' to drilling into fiberglass such that you don't crack the gelcoat?

flyin_dutchman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey fellow 21'ers! Let's regenerate this thread and find out what everyone is doing this summer to mod storage compartments? I'm like most, and tired of having my cubby cluttered and unmanageable! I just emptied my storage locker and front under seats storage areas, and looking to make a vast improvement.
Let's see your table pole holders, table storage, bumpers spot, dock lines neatly put away, trash cans, life jacket hangars, etc.

There HAS GOT to be someway?!!

Happy boating! :)

spaz944

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Apparently most 21' owners are just fuddy duds or they just don't store anything in their boats, or maybe they just don't want to share their ideas.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've got some plastic containers I bought from Lowe's. Hefty brand I believe. Latched lids. Nothing special. I'll take pics this weekend. But would love better ideas.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@spaz944 sorry I didn't see this post sooner. I've put a few plastic hooks on the front and back walls of the area for ski ropes & hangy things. But to be honest, that area becomes a catch all for a lot of things. I do have a trash can that collapses easily for storage and a 5 gallon bucket with seat for "emergencies". Other than that,nits a mess of purses, hats, shirts, etc ;) I'd be ashamed to take a pic and post it here :(

Here's a few pics of a similar style trash can and toilet. Our trash can is smaller than a 5 gal bucket and I put a plastic liner in it.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like the trash can idea @itsdgm . We usually just use a plastic grocery bag from the store. Might have to check out the trash can you have.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I installed a closet rod in the storage area. Quick and easy, a few screws through the flanges into the fiberglass on either end. Now all of my life jackets are hanging and organized and quick to dry.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just thinking of an Emergency Can for the boat....

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not recommending that you cut any holes unless someone is putting in a tower and needs access points. I did and this is how I filled the holes.

I installed the beckson deck plate bags and the kids use these for the phones, wallets, etc.

IMG_1100.jpg IMG_1099.jpg