• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Install GPS/Depthfinder in 255

tim maneval

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone installed a GPS/Depthfinder on a 255. Any pictures of location for the transducer? any pictures of powering it the helm? thanks,

tim maneval

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you. So pretty much in the center between the engines. Do you keep reading at speed?

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you. So pretty much in the center between the engines. Do you keep reading at speed?
Some times it blanks at speeds 50+ mph but otherwise works very good (I presume some adjustment would improve this). The only downside I find with the location is that backing up to a beach with it you have to be careful not to hit the transducer, but I never had a problem.
I think another potential location could be in the cooling plates area as that would be higher and prevent grounding issues, not sure how performance could be affected there though.