• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Install Prices

dv_damian57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its been difficult to find installers in my area. Every time I say Jetbot they are like ... "oh, we dont work on those" .... How much did you guys pay for a Chartplotter/Fish Finder installation? I was quoted in one place $900 for just labor and they said it was going to take them 6 hours. That seems overprice like crazy. Ive own all kinds of sports cars and I have always like to mod them and upgrade them all in my garage....been a little safe with the boat since Im new to it but if prices are that way I might just do it my self. Just curious

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Its been difficult to find installers in my area. Every time I say Jetbot they are like ... "oh, we dont work on those" .... How much did you guys pay for a Chartplotter/Fish Finder installation? I was quoted in one place $900 for just labor and they said it was going to take them 6 hours. That seems overprice like crazy. Ive own all kinds of sports cars and I have always like to mod them and upgrade them all in my garage....been a little safe with the boat since Im new to it but if prices are that way I might just do it my self. Just curious
You might want to reach out to @HangOutdoors. He has done these type of mods.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah....do it yourself! We have tons of folks (like myself) that have done this multiple time (install plotters etc). See the 242X link in my signature for details. We are happy to help walk you through this!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is not too hard. Once you drill your first hole it is all downhill from there.

dv_damian57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah....do it yourself! We have tons of folks (like myself) that have done this multiple time (install plotters etc). See the 242X link in my signature for details. We are happy to help walk you through this!

Damn, thats a big thread. Got some reading to do ;)

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took me about 4 hours and 6 beers. If you are handy it is not difficult at all.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
As someone working to open a Marine Install business - this question is a bit open ended. The price can be high if basic simple mount or more inline if a nice clean flush mount. Also business is booming and people are willing to pay, so prices are higher right now.

How do you want it installed? I assume adding a transducer, anything else?

dv_damian57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As someone working to open a Marine Install business - this question is a bit open ended. The price can be high if basic simple mount or more inline if a nice clean flush mount. Also business is booming and people are willing to pay, so prices are higher right now.

How do you want it installed? I assume adding a transducer, anything else?

Actually replacing a transducer that's already there and bracket mounting the unit it self.
This is what's there now

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@dv_damian57 Shouldn't be a problem whatsoever. I would do that your self.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you can read directions and use tools, you will be able to install yourself. Just be sure to use common sense and don't overthink things.

dv_damian57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
BTW, have you guys use this? is this pretty reliable? I was thinking of using this to block the current holes for the current installation and place the new unit I just got on this instead of installing directly onto the boat

Attachments

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@dv_damian57 I used it on my install. didn't want to drill below the water line.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
BTW, have you guys use this? is this pretty reliable? I was thinking of using this to block the current holes for the current installation and place the new unit I just got on this instead of installing directly onto the boat
I've never used such an approach. On my latest install I bolted it to the ride plate (many have done that). On prior installs I attached it to the hull directly.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are getting the "economy is booming" price. Every contractor and installer in Florida for any trade is jam packed with work and people throwing money at them to be next in line. Try it yourself, you have a few thousand shoulders here to lean on ;)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dunno.... I looked at them. Doesn't really seem like my thing to just hold something on without some screws. Others have had good success. Thought I saw a post or two here where they came off. With my luck I would probably lose my transducer and just have a wire dangling back there sooner or later.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would this work as an install location? and do you know what this is? Can I use this spot to run the cable inside the boat?
That is your exhaust port....you can not run wire in there.