• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Installing an Anchor Windlass need a sacrificial anchor hatch

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thinking about installing a windlass and looking for a anchor locked hatch I have a 2007 AR230 and they are not available from Yamaha
But I found this on eBay. The part numbers and shape are similar

it is for a 2004 AR230. Does any one know if this will fit and/or can give me the dimension of the hatch for a 2004 ??

Attachments

• IMG_9650.png
    IMG_9650.png
    910.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9651.png
    IMG_9651.png
    354 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9647.png
    IMG_9647.png
    368.3 KB · Views: 13
My understanding when searching for parts is, similar part numbers are not the same part. ;) Are you missing the anchor hatch? If not...why do you need two?

Last edited:
The
Thinking about installing a windlass and looking for a anchor locked hatch I have a 2007 AR230 and they are not available from Yamaha
But I found this on eBay. The part numbers and shape are similar

it is for a 2004 AR230. Does any one know if this will fit and/or can give me the dimension of the hatch for a 2004 ??
The hull changed in 2007, so I doubt that will fit your boat

Which windlass are you looking at. I installed a Lewmar V1 windlass on our Beneteau 4 years ago. It has been a game changer, much better than hand hanking 200' of 5/8" rode and 25' of 5/16" g4 chain with a 22# Lewmar plow style anchor for a hook.

Last edited:
I wanted the option to replace to stock if I ever sell the boat and/or goof up the install.

I bought a Lewmar 500 like the one shown in the pics and plan to beef up the locker hatch and mount it with a roller at the prow.

I boat in the NY Finger Lakes at anchor depths of over 150’ , hauling up a 17lb box anchor full of mud and sand can be a chore sometimes

@zipper how did you mount your windlass

Attachments

• IMG_9672.png
    IMG_9672.png
    559.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9671.png
    IMG_9671.png
    557.6 KB · Views: 7

Ya, that is a nice new 40'er with double helms. Ours is 32 years in the making.

20190629_160052.jpg
Rebuilt the cockpit and I installed a navpod with instruments.

0731EA8F-4D16-4738-8501-E12CD48C9F1F.jpeg
Wife has been busy with the canvas

20180720_184653.jpg
Hole sawed some holes on a shelf in the anchor locker under the hatch.

20180720_193812.jpg
I mounted the windlass on a wedge block of black locust I made to correct the chain to anchor roller angle. I also installed a backer plate to the other side of the fiberglass to spread the load.

20200807_194524.jpg
Just remember to not let the forces of anchoring be absorbed by the windlass. Cleat off the anchor line before it enters the windlass.

Last edited:
Thank you for the tips and pics. Very nice sailboat. These pictures are similar to what I have in mind for those whom are curious.

we are vacationing in Vancouver so I threw in the famous gas town steam clockIMG_9725.pngIMG_9726.pngIMG_9726.pngIMG_9705.jpeg

I understand your OP now. How about using 1/2" or so starboard cut to the size of the anchor locker hatch. It will be stronger than the factory hatch and should not warp if stringers, reinforcement, are attached on the underside.

Last edited:
Back