• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installing SeaDeck

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ve got a pretty beastly pressure washer, and just used it to strip off the old mat, but if you don’t have that, there are various methods people have used. Various chemicals like goo-gone, and I also saw a few people write about using an “eraser” wheel in a drill. They seemed pretty high on that, and is likely what I would first try, were I in your shoes.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine just pulled up in large pieces leaving little residue behind. I left it in the hot sun and pulled it slowly. Started it with a wide blade putty knife. I didn't need to use heat but I could see a hair dryer or heat gun coming in handy. I cleaned up the residue with Goo gone.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine just pulled up in large pieces leaving little residue behind.... Started it with a wide blade putty knife. I didn't need to use heat but I could see a hair dryer or heat gun coming in handy. I cleaned up the residue with Goo gone.
I second this, plastic putty knife and lots of pulling by hand. Gloves were helpful to get a good grip on the old stuff. Acetone also worked great to get the dried glue off.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
I just took mine off in prepping for my SeaDek install as soon as it gets here. All 3 pieces came up without one tear, it literally took less than 10 minutes to take off. I was completely shocked. Took out all the snaps while I was at it too.