• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installing Tower Speakers

Tom Toberman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2014 Yamaha 212X, and want to install some tower speakers....Is this something easy to do or should I have it done by a professional? I am pretty handy, but am a bit nervous about drilling holes in my boat and tower. I am assuming with the folding tower that the wires would have to be exposed at the folding point. If anyone has done this and could share some pictures or offer advice it would be great!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I got mine professionally done...BUT after seeing it, the install does not look too hard. (To mount the towers and run speakers) I will get you pics of the only holes they cut. If you can run wire and hook them up to the amp on your own then your good. If you cant do that stuff then may as well have everything done professionally. Get you some pics tomorrow

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You got it right. The wires exit and reenter at the joint. It's really pretty easy. Add an amp and sub and replace your factory speakers while you're at it...

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's not hard. You can get plastic grommets for the holes in the tower where you have to go around the joint, and there are different connectors you can get so that you can remove the tower later. Neutrik Speakons, etc. Any hole in the boat (if it's not there already) would be where one of the mounts to the tower ends. Look for that hole first, if it's there you don't need/want to cut another one. I did mine myself, it's not difficult, just take your time.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Definitely doable for a novic with the help of the board. Hardest part is selecting and obtaining all of the gear and install wiring.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This is where I mounted mine. I love the fact that they are not in the middle where you be hitting your head as you walk through.
IMG_20130526_112935_086.jpg IMG_20130525_175124_479.jpg

Tom Toberman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the pictures @Williamsone46 and @geiger41 and everyone else for all of the comments! I got suckered into buying the Poparazzi this week so I may have to wait a little bit, but with all I will save on install I feel confident I can easily do this!

ShowAndGo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's pretty easy. I did mine a couple months ago. Deciding on your components is way harder. : )

Just don't try to get too close to the end of the bar (at the swivel) - it's solid at the bottom. I can take pics and measurements if you need me too. (assuming my '12 AR-210 tower is the same).

Tom Toberman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks @ShowAndGo , if you've got some pics and measurements that would be great. What components did you use and are you happy with them?

Tom Toberman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OK, I have finally found some time to install my tower speakers and amp....but I need some help again! I have wired up the amp and am getting power with no problem and the speakers work when I plug the RCA cable to the fixed audio output cables on the CMD6, which obviously isnt where I can leave them as I get no control over volume using these jacks! I cannot get any sound when I use the appropriate RCA jacks on the CMD6 and connect them to the amp. Any idea what I am doing wrong here? It seems like it should be so simple, but I have tried every configuration and just dont seem to be getting any output! Thanks for any help anyone can provide! @ShowAndGo;@williamsone46; @geiger41

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Like I said before I got mine professionally installed b/c I am not the best when it comes to installations. So basically your saying when you put the RCA wires from the head unit to the amp, you get no sound....Have you checked the audio level on the amp. Some amps let you adjust the audio out level per rca jack. What kind of amp ?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this what you are looking at? so you get sound using 9/10 but not 3-6? I dont have one but I am going by the manual online.. make sure your preout settings are set to on and not off.. the non fading pair of RCA's is for a Subwoofer and will be listed as such in the PreOut.

Last edited:

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 What type and size of speakers and cans did you use in your 212X? That is exactly what I want to do, but I'm not sure what size and swivel mounts would work best.

Joe Chop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I need to do this too. Are the JL the only way to go? Or the wetsounds bar?

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm in the process of installing a pair of Wet Sounds Rev 8 tower speakers (with swivel clamp). I'll post pics when I'm done, but for now I can confirm they that fit perfectly on the sides of the 212X (like Williamsone pic), up and out of the way and protected from the elements by the bimini.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is a single pair of Wet Sounds Rev 8 installed on a 2008 212X. Used swivel clamps and placed to the sides of the tower just below the bimini. Don't hit my 6'3" head, protected from the elements, and can still just barely fit a wakeboard in the interior board rack. Sound is excellent. 20180425_195835.jpg 20180425_195829.jpg

Last edited: