• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intake grate

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hey all,
New to the forum, and hoping for some help. We have a gts187 250hp, and are having problems pulling some heavier wakeboarders up . When I give it full throttle, the front of the boat lifts more then usually since there's a wakeboarder pulling on the tower, and my boat sounds like it is sucking in more air than water. Does a new grate help with this? Thanks for any advice in advance .

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hey Jeff, I have the 207 so it's a little longer but it pulled me up last summer without a problem afaik & I weigh a bit more than I should lol. I'm wondering though if it could be the wakeboarder's technique? I had just learned behind a dedicated wakeboard boat before I used mine.

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Makes sense . I have had the issue pulling up some experienced guys though.... We're talking about.... 240lbs plus though .

Joey Martinez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
First off air coming out of ur jet drive happens from a few things look under ur boat make sure Ur prop is in good condition amd nothing like weeds or debrey is in it the slightest twig or grass can cause cavitation witch is when water boils and becomes air leaving the jet. Also make sure the wear ring around the prop is proper thickness this more happens to older boats over time.

If you boat is in proper working order wake boat boats have balast sacks in them amd alot of sacks in the bow to keep the mose down you can try this to help keep the nose down Also trim tabs could posible help. Last is wakeboarding form the more a rider carves the harder it is on a boat as well as a riders weight. But like gen said above ur boat with 250hp is way more them enough to pick any rider out of the water and there will be some now rise thats normal

On my phone sorry for grammar and spelling

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I have pulled 220-240 lb guys up with my 187. No issue whatsoever. They should be up on the board in under a couple seconds, have you checked your wear ring? .. Maybe length of rope? Now slalom ski was a different story...heavy pulls side to side were a pain in the butt.

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
After reading your guys posts I think I'll start with the wear ring, as I sucked up a good size rock when I first bought it . How does a guy order parts for these boats? What Sea Doo model jet ski do we cross reference with?!

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Also, any video links on how to replace said seal would be great! I am assuming the seal goes bad before the prop in there? My prop looks brand new, but I would replace both just to be sure. It is irritating me that bad .

Last edited:

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I hear ya. I am having a hell of a time finding out what I actually need. I have emailed Glastron, a glastron dealership, and BRP. Haven't heard back from any of them yet.

Samson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I have the GTS 207 with the supercharged 250 hp. I was on lake other day and lost all propulsion. Had to get towed. Boat runs with a loud whine and if I rev in fwd or reverse I get no movement. On trailer hooked to hose no loud whine. Back on water nothing. None of the seadoo dealerships will touch my boat even thought it’s same motor so I’m stuck making appt with glastron dealer 1 1/2 hours away who is booked up for 3 weeks. I too would like to know a seadoo model I could give to local seadoo dealer to see if they have wear ring in stock. I think that may be my problem. Do i have to buy from dealer one of those impeller removal tools also?

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Update,
I ordered a wear ring, but not a new impeller. Had to start somewhere . I ordered the 159mm one for 215, 255, 260 hp 4 tec powerplant . I don't think it matters much, but I can not find a picture online of what my reverse bucket looks like, and was hoping to use that as a guide to find a video of someone replacing the wear ring. The jet skis have a much smaller bucket. Anyways, if the wear ring fits I'll throw the part number on here, and hell, maybe even put a you tube video up of replacing it. I did notice in the videos I watched, they greased the crap out of everything . Is it a big deal what type of grease I use in the cone? I have some red marine stuff at home.

Kyle Mekulik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I’m about to replace my wear ring and impeller with a Solas impeller look up the video that shows the pump assembly and the new wear ring put in a freezer it actually works my friend did it last week...

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
What's the benefit of a solas impeller? I have heard of them .