• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting Article on Boat Sales

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Article came from an email I just received and validates alot of what we have been seeing over the last couple of months or so.

A lot of the launches around here seem to be quite full during the weekdays lately.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep that is why we did it as well.

minn19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yep and I was one of the many. Couldn't be happier. If it wasn't for the COVID we would have waited another year or so. But, I am tired of seeing the kids on the XBOX and PS4 so we did the deed and got the boat. Couldn't be happier.
Same here, my family and I have been talking about it off and on for the last couple of years. Since most of our daughters camp/sports activities were canceled this summer we decided to go for it this year. Sucks that we couldn't get a deal and most likely overpaid buying this time of year etc, but it is what it is we are having a lot of fun with it/looking forward more to summer with it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@minn19, you can't put a price on memories with the family.

..... Although Yamaha and all the boating accessories take a pretty good shot at it....

minn19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@minn19, you can't put a price on memories with the family.

..... Although Yamaha and all the boating accessories take a pretty good shot at it....
True and you aren't kidding......

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
RV sales are doing the same thing for probably the same reasons.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was at the local Honda dealer beginning of March and he had all sorts of inventory and was all depressed about the impending drop in sales due to the Covid 19 lockdown. Stopped in last weekend and he was all smiles. Hardly had any inventory..all the dirt bikes and UTVs were gone and only a handful of motorcycles. Told me he sold 88 units in May- best month ever. Problem now is he has to wait until July for more inventory..

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First week of May my dealer had 4 or 5 boats and 30 ish jet skis. Went back to pick up my boat about a week later and all the boats were sold and there maybe 7-8 skis left, and 3 of those were also sold. Glad I pulled the trigger when I did.

Aquarius

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I think I got very lucky and got mine just before the surge. Seller actually dropped the price 5k on boat trader just before I jumped on it.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Same story here north of the border, dealers had record sales in May.

C.Lomeli

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So when do we think (or have heard) dealers are going to start replenishing inventory? One dealer I spoke to on the phone said Yamaha “warehouse” is shut down and didn’t expect inventory until September. A different dealer further away took my deposit and said they expect 5 units the beginning of June. I’m waiting for an update on that...

5nuklheds

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When speaking with the dealer they said that the 2020 models are all spoken for and that there will be no more 2020 models. They were not sure if the 2021 models will just be new badged and colors schemed 2020s, if they will skip a production year (not very likely) or actually have updated products. It is a strange time that we live in and there are not too many certainties.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A 240 Fish with 1.8's in it would make me trade up for sure. Or possibly a 212 FSH with 1.8's.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ended up putting a deposit on the last 2020 fsh 210 my dealer had. Had i not, it would have been sold within the next 24 hrs. I was extremely luck timing wise thats for sure. I certainly didn't get any deals, I even told the dealer that i found a better deal of about 2500 less that what he was asking. And all i got was a shrug of the shoulders, and "I will sell it tomorrow if you dont buy it". Anyway, in the same boat as everyone else, kids at home, all couped up ect....

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So when do we think (or have heard) dealers are going to start replenishing inventory? One dealer I spoke to on the phone said Yamaha “warehouse” is shut down and didn’t expect inventory until September. A different dealer further away took my deposit and said they expect 5 units the beginning of June. I’m waiting for an update on that...
Yeah this is weird. I am not sure what he means as there is no Yamaha inventory left from what I hear, so the warehouse would be empty. I believe the plant is back up and running. I also heard they no longer will be making 2020 models and only 2021's will be coming from Yamaha. The Service Manager at my dealer said they typically hit mid to late August or even early September, but typically Yamaha "drags their feet" a bit to sell off the previous years' inventory. There is no previous year inventory and high demand, so he thought they might see models by the end of July. I am skeptical and I am waiting for a '21 AR195. Would suck to have to wait until September. I am having a new boat replaced because it's been in for repair for 10 months under warranty.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
+1. When I pulled my boat out of storage a few weeks ago at my Yamaha dealer I was talking to my salesperson and he said they were having a banner year. They had two customers looking at boats while I was there. Glad I bought my boat last year.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I overheard a salesman at my dealer last month say the plant was in the process of opening and they were expecting a couple 190s in the mid/end June timeframe. I would have to think one of the concerns would be the supply chain for boat parts, at least buying mass quantities for production.

Outnumbered212S

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Same here, but unfortunately my 2020 SX210 is still on a trailer at the Yamaha Factory. I have been waiting to take possession of it for the past two weeks. My sales guys has no idea what is going on. Anyone got any inside info on why the last of the boats have not left? Anyone else going through this? My understanding there is one other sx210 on that trailer going to some other dealer over here in the Midwest.