• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting place to spot a Rivian....

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
pretty jazzed about this. I had hoped they cross the US again so I could jump on my bike and stalk them lol

Brilliant placement of the new EV's But, there will no doubt be naysayers. Personally, I say, break em fix em, learn from it to make them better.

I considered buying a Livewire but its too much money to give that company yet. And no need for a new bike until my beemer croaks... which will be never lol

I am absolutely interested in the Rivian though. If its half what it is advertised I will likely buy one. Or a Tesla when our Pathfinder gets tired.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
pretty jazzed about this. I had hoped they cross the US again so I could jump on my bike and stalk them lol

Brilliant placement of the new EV's But, there will no doubt be naysayers. Personally, I say, break em fix em, learn from it to make them better.

I considered buying a Livewire but its too much money to give that company yet. And no need for a new bike until my beemer croaks... which will be never lol

I am absolutely interested in the Rivian though. If its half what it is advertised I will likely buy one. Or a Tesla when our Pathfinder gets tired.
I think they are already done shooting. I tried to internet stalk them as best I could last night, and It looks like they were shooting in the states in August or so. I really didn't get very far, my internet-fu isn't the greatest most of the time.

I've had my eye on a Zero for awhile, but I'm just not sure I'm there yet. Second choice is a Ducati HyperMotard (love the old air cooled 1100's, but they're hard to find). Spent the last 6 seasons on my buddies '10 Monster 696. Great bike, but I think I'm ready for something with a shade more punch to it. Need to get that money tree growing though. So many hobbies, so little money.

As to the Rivian.....well lets just say I think this manufacturer has the best plan for actually producing an EV that I've seen yet. Tesla has had some serious growing pains to get to where they are, and I think Rivian is in position to hit hard right out of the gate. They sure have some great specs to get started on if nothing else.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not quite there yet on E-bikes either...... but definitely interested. For commuting for SURE. The new SR/F looks the business and definitely does cover all my bases-but i don't need a bike, and the price is still a bit "much" lol I think the next gen of electric bikes is going to be better and the choice will be more difficult though.. I agree on the Rivian being an even bigger game changer.... If they can hit their price point. I love the motor on every wheel idea... I'm curious on that Tesla pickup too....

I'm 99.99999% certain our next vehicle will be electric... Just not sure which we'll need next. the commuter or the tow vehicle. I dont really care about the newest best thing or status quo... just proven tech. We keep vehicles for awhile.

Now, If we're window shopping bikes and money is part of the equation, the one that has me salivating the most....

the as-yet not fully revealed fully 2020 Ducati streetfighter with a 208 hp v4!

will I buy it? Ohhhh....prob not lol but Ill be damned if i'm not daydreaming about the noise it will make. :) my riding is subdued these days. Relaxed.... longer distance or commuting.

Cant wait to watch the Long Way Up or whatever theyll call it... Ive watched the other two multiple times.... Adding to it the testing of the tech... it will be way cool.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not quite there yet on E-bikes either...... but definitely interested. For commuting for SURE. The new SR/F looks the business and definitely does cover all my bases-but i don't need a bike, and the price is still a bit "much" lol I think the next gen of electric bikes is going to be better and the choice will be more difficult though.. I agree on the Rivian being an even bigger game changer.... If they can hit their price point. I love the motor on every wheel idea... I'm curious on that Tesla pickup too....

I'm 99.99999% certain our next vehicle will be electric... Just not sure which we'll need next. the commuter or the tow vehicle. I dont really care about the newest best thing or status quo... just proven tech. We keep vehicles for awhile.

Now, If we're window shopping bikes and money is part of the equation, the one that has me salivating the most....

the as-yet not fully revealed fully 2020 Ducati streetfighter with a 208 hp v4!

will I buy it? Ohhhh....prob not lol but Ill be damned if i'm not daydreaming about the noise it will make. :) my riding is subdued these days. Relaxed.... longer distance or commuting.

Cant wait to watch the Long Way Up or whatever theyll call it... Ive watched the other two multiple times.... Adding to it the testing of the tech... it will be way cool.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the release of Long Way Up. Those two are a riot to watch. You can tell they genuinely have a good time with the trip, and don't get overly upset when a wrench is thrown in the plan. It's all just good fun on motorbikes.

That Monster 696 I ride is a good friends bike. His other bike is a '12 SF848......He's already in talks with the local dealership to get in line for the V4 SF when pre-orders open up. Such a cool bike. Just occured to me to try and talk him into trading the Monster instead of the SF for the new SF. Then I would be riding a SF instead of the Monster.......I suppose at some point I should really just buy my own eh?

Here's both bikes from a few seasons ago. We've both got little ones now, so the riding time is down to the bare minimum, but we still get out a few times a season.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
sorry about the photobucket been awhile forgot about that craphole... lol

anyways... @2kwik4u full release. i need money and garage space STAT!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Peelz Saw that this morning as well. Such a cool bike!

While not directly related, I've always liked this piece of Ducati Marketing

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Peelz Saw that this morning as well. Such a cool bike!

While not directly related, I've always liked this piece of Ducati Marketing

successful ad. Makes me want to spend money i dont have on something I dont need. :thumbsup::Do_O lol

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Rivian truck is kinda dopey looking, but everything else about it intrigues the hell out of me.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Rivian truck is kinda dopey looking, but everything else about it intrigues the hell out of me.
Agreed. The styling isn't great. That front fascia just doesn't work for me. The overall lines aren't terrible, but are perhaps a bit "rounded" for my taste. I like the Cadillac "edge" styling, although most people don't.

The concept is great. Just need to deliver on the capability set I need/want, and I'm in.......assuming my money tree harvest is decent this year of course.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Had anyone seen a picture of the rear seat area? It appears to be more of an extended cab than a true crew cab, though the window could be playing a visual trick on me.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had anyone seen a picture of the rear seat area? It appears to be more of an extended cab than a true crew cab, though the window could be playing a visual trick on me.
looks good to me. I dig it. My wallet hasnt agreed yet though lol

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Too much Lincoln Blackwood for me but if the Tesla truck is too weird I could learn to like it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Too much Lincoln Blackwood for me but if the Tesla truck is too weird I could learn to like it.
Those were an odd looking truck.

Rivian interior looks 120x better than the Tesla anything IMO.

Neat video:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Looks plenty big, but don't like that the area under the rear seats is occupied. My truck is cavernous when I flip up the rear seats. Usually throw a full size dog bed in there for road trips with my golden.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am eager to see what ford and chevy come up with for their electric trucks. A charging station at every ford/chevy dealer is brilliant!
1. They get to sell you thr truck.
2. They control a large part of the "fuelling" process.
3. They get you to the dealership where you see the newer models.
4. Convenient for everyone of any EV because most towns have a car dealership.
Cons to this?
1. Dealerships aren't setup for this
2. Gas stations will need to soon have charge stations to be competitive and will most likely do a better job.

But i am looking forward to thr big 3 making something excellent!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’d like to see this with the front seats all the way back. I’m 6’5”, my F150 looks like that with the seats all the way back.