• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intermediate Shaft assembly

Marcio Fazzio Martins

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2004 AR230

I am reassembling the Intermediate shaft and the Service Manual is very confusing about the specs. If anyone could confirm if my conclusion is correct, I would appreciate.

Apparently, the edge of the shaft must be 0.37~0.41 in (9.5~10.5mm) from the rear side of the Housing. This distance shows as "B" but on page 6-8, but on page 6=10 it says "Shaft" Distance "a".

See file attached!

Let me know if anyone knows if it is right.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you had to change the intermediate bearing? Just trying to figure out why you had to reassemble!

Marcio Fazzio Martins

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you had to change the intermediate bearing? Just trying to figure out why you had to reassemble!
I had no choice other than cutting the shaft, and the bearings on the housing ere completely destroyed. Actually I will change the whole assembly on the Impeller housing as well.
The boat is 2004 and I took really good care since I bought in 07, but one thing I neglected is lubricating the bearings on the jet unit.

I already have all parts, just waiting for the EPNOC AP#0 today to start reassembling. I know many people (and dealers) say I could use regular marine grease, but it doesn't hurt to follow Yamaha's specs.

So, now... replace engine mounts, change all old clamps, reassemble Impeller housing, Intermediate shaft and put engine back!

After summer I will do the same to the other engine. Bearings bust be in bad shape as well, and I don't wanna risk that the engine mounts brake as this one did.

About the question on this thread, newer AR230 have the same pages for the specs (Check my friend's 2011) and the references are wrong as well.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Page 6-10 is misprinted as far as letter designation. The end of the shaft should be 0.37-0.41” from the backside of the assembly.

Marcio Fazzio Martins

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, that is what I thought. This part is done. Waiting for the parts to rebuilt the other side of the Jet Pump. Bearings, seals...
I've got a shop press that made it easier. Lots of "jigs" needed without the Yamaha tools.