• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intro from NE Ohio Yamaha Owner

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Greetings to all fellow jetboaters, My wife and I (that’s what I tell her...) purchased our 2019 Yamaha 242 Limited S E-Series in late July and have been out on the water every weekend since.

We live in Northeast Ohio and regularly boat on Lake Erie (Sandusky and the Islands) and every inland lake that we’re allowed on. We have run into a few friendly fellow Yam owners and have enjoyed the camaraderie and compliments. This forum and a few friends who have Yamahas really helped keep us away from outdrive purgatory...

I’m an engineer and perennial tinkerer, so plan to make many mods, which I look forward to sharing with this forum. Have already completed a custom-sewn cockpit enclosure, anchor roller, and am putting the finishing touches on an overhead flat screen tv mount (for those fall weekends when boating and football compete).

Look forward to joining the jetboaters.net family!

I share many boating photos on instagram, so follow me there for more pics:
Instagram.com/pabecks
437A01B0-D51A-4910-9FF9-220A72C60D2D.jpegFE3288DE-E605-4A7F-BB6F-BEF4934CBE3B.jpeg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome from a fellow buckeye
Thanks Looper, see you’re out of Chillicothe. I spend a good amount of time in Columbus for work and have dropped into Alum creek lake a few times. Any good water down your way?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Alum Creek is home water for us. Ping if you want lay of the lake.

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We mainly go to deer creek lake it's a little small but fun. This is our first season boating so it's nice to practice on a calming lake

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Alum Creek is home water for us. Ping if you want lay of the lake.
Thanks! We love hanging out in the 36/37 cove. May not be many more warm weekends but perhaps a raft-up next season!

Last edited:

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We mainly go to deer creek lake it's a little small but fun. This is our first season boating so it's nice to practice on a calming lake
Have a few employees that live in Wash. C.H. Have heard good things about deer creek. May see you out there next season!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the group @Plpbecks, beautiful boat! Looks like I already follow you on Instagram @transomwatersports. Looks like your having a great time out there.

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds good we will be heading up to lake eire next season for sure can't wait to see posts about your mods

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the group @Plpbecks, beautiful boat! Looks like I already follow you on Instagram @transomwatersports. Looks like your having a great time out there.
Thanks for the follow brother! My 15 yr old daughter just started wakeboarding with a board I bought from our local dealer. Will reach out to you for equipment as we progress. Would love a board for myself but need to trust someone other than myself to pilot the boat, such a conundrum...

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! We love hanging out in the 36/37 cove. May not be many more warm weekends but perhaps a raft-up next season!
We love that area of Alum Creek! Let me know if you are out there this weekend, maybe we will give it one more go this season.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the follow brother! My 15 yr old daughter just started wakeboarding with a board I bought from our local dealer. Will reach out to you for equipment as we progress. Would love a board for myself but need to trust someone other than myself to pilot the boat, such a conundrum...
I appreciate that, we've got access to some awesome boards. I've found the most stressful moments for a new operator during watersports is approaching the rider to pick up are make another run. For practice, I recommend tossing out a fender and having the new driver practice approaching it and circling it. For my wife, we found a dead catfish floating belly up in the middle of the lake. 🙃😵

Last edited:

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking really good on the lake. I'm really interested to see this TV idea

Masala

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Gorgeous boat! My in-laws live in Columbus, and I spent a year in Syracuse, NY, so I'm minimally familiar with that part of the country. That being said, you certainly seem to have a good thing going in terms of enjoying the weather while it's pleasant! Every weekend out on the water sounds just about perfect to me... Welcome to the forum!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Looking forward to your TV mount/power solution. Have been thinking about doing this for the past couple years for the exact same reason. Just haven't gotten around to it yet! Welcome.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I saw you out at Portage Lakes about 3 weeks ago in the evening. We were heading out of the Rex Lake area when you were heading in. I told the wife I wanted to get that cool looking 3D registration lettering you have.

Great looking boat!

Cheers!

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wishfull1, that was definitely us, I remember seeing your boat also (anything not a pontoon stands out on that lake!) We really enjoy Cruising Portage lakes and docking at the winery and bars. It was one of our early destinations, my wife was sh****in bricks passing pontoons through the iron channel with 1’ of clear space!

I’ll look for you next time, someone should really make a jetboaters.net flag so we can identify other folks from the forum. (Does this already exist?)

Im real happy with the ID numbers, I spent a while trying to find some that matched the chrome Yamaha emblem on the side of the boat. definitely more expensive than the “stickers” but they’ll be visible to the world on there for the life of the boat so I figured I should do it right. Here the link to the ones I used: Amazon 3D Lettering

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length