• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Introduceing myself and asking for your help

Crem8r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Hello jet boaters
Like to introduce myself Ron ( crem8r)
2005 ar230 first time posting on site but I’ve read a lot of you all’s posts on here and it’s helped me a lot. I’m in the Woodbridge Virginia area I have a new problem with my boat. Got hot on me at topsail now there’s no compression on starboard motor. I called to order MR1 and they need to know if it has a slotted or dimpled flywheel to different numbers they say. Is there a way to check with out pulling motor to expedite the ordering on my part or does it really matter what flywheel is on it. Planning another trip to topsail in August and stp is 7 to 10 weeks out on shipping if I order now I might make it but, don’t have time to take out motor till next weekend
I’ve seen a couple of post on motor removal but don’t want my son to do without me. If I take it down I can put it back. So I can remember shims and other important measurements critical to alignment.
would appreciate any help on this. And thank you all in advance for your help on previous problems and this one
Have great day thank you

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Wish I could offer some help. Many others here are a wealth of knowledge. Hope they see this and can give you the info you need.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Crem8r Before you do any removal, it is best to inspect the coupler for alignment. Perhaps it will not be necessary to add shims.
1625397361677.png

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Crem8r I have not seen any part labelled 'flywheel.' Please, elaborate.