• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

IPD wraps for AR230

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All,

As all 07 -08 orange AR230 owners know, the orange gel goat with the graphics is a pain to keep looking new from the oxidation if kept out side. (which mine is kept outside on a lift).

I was looking to wrap my boat using IPD graphics to avoid oxidation and constant buffing , but I have not seen an AR230 style boat with a wrap kit from IPD on them. Does anybody have any pic of graphics from IPD they would like to share on a AR230?

Also IPD graphics is about 800$ and looks do-able to install, while price shopping others were about 1700 to 3K. Any review and feedback on the price differential.

Thx Mat

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I put one of theirs on my ‘11 SX210.

I emailed them and asked about a jetboaters.net discount. They emailed back right away that there wasn’t a discount for the forum, but there just happened to be a 20% off sale code expiring about a day or two later.

Pretty good experience buying from them. And, I had a local tinting guy do the install as he did the windows.

My installer did say that the template was not as perfect as we were led to understand. He had to trim and cut a bit here and there. He also said all the pieces were individually cut and it was like a jigsaw puzzle trying to determine where they all went.

But, after all that, it turned out great. He did say that there was no way an amateur would have been successful at installing. Maybe that was just talk, and maybe you’re more skilled than me (probably)... but I was happy to have someone else do it for me.

I have noticed that some of the sharp points are trying to peel up. I need to get some more wax on them to seal them down, I think. And, get the darn kids to stay away from them. I’ve heard a few “look it’s peeling” then they pick at it.

0EEFB9D7-986B-479B-834C-28BFC9CF4ABA.jpeg

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
IPD doesnt do wraps they are graphics kits, individual pieces cut and like it was mentioned above a puzzle to install, hence the difference in prices wraps $1500 and up proffesional instalation required, graphic kit anyone can install. I have a graphic company but its only dirt bikes jetskis and atv. I contacted ipd for my boat a few years back and gthats how i found out it wasnt a wrap, so i decided to do mine, but my material i thicker than the wrap material they use for their boat graphics so its harder to install, bee planing to change my graphics but its so hard that i just been procrastinating. lol here are the different one ive don for my self. just in case no i dont do boat wraps.boat.png boat.jpg boat5.jpg