• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

is a flyboard possible?

Ric Moseley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I did some searches on the forums but could not see anything definitive, has anyone done a successful Flyboard (or equivalent) install on their twin engine boat? I have a 2015 242 Limited S and my kids are asking me to install one...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, saw that one. His boat is 10 years old...
It is kind of funny, but essentially the same pump as far as the bolts/venturi nozzle attachment.

--

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Pumps are very similar. Any flyboard kit you can find to fit a Yamaha ski the same vintage as your boat would work.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t know how much effort goes into the conversion especially if it is done daily or every few days but you will need space to store the output hose not just the board.

I’ve seen some used fly boards online for about $3k, including the remote throttle. If I were in the market I would look for pwc that would do the job like a normally aspirated Yamaha or Seadoo, 4 stroke with at least 100 hp is what I recall being manufacturer’s suggestion.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Keep in mind they recommend lessons not just to make money but for your safety. Think about accidentally launching youself towards the boat or ski with that kind of thrust. Ok some of us daredevils would risk it. Now think about your kids doing it. Just saying be safe and have a healthy respect for the power of water and the pain it can cause.

Good luck

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would you rather have a flyboard or a Parasail? I thought about rigging up a parasail at one time. To me seems like more people would enjoy the parasail and it would cost about the same maybe less to rig

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could do it, pretty easy actually. I switch between boating and flyboarding in about 5 minutes. I use the ski locker to store the hose and u-pipe and it takes most of it. If you go forward, make sure you get a dual impeller and an 80foot hose. We still use ours every outing and love it! If you have further questions, feel free to give me a PM.