• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is a roomba an acceptable gift for mother?

Is a Roomba an appropriate gift for mother, or is it still just a vacuum?

• Yes, who wouldn't love a robot vacuum

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • No, you are just buying cleaning tools

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Need help with poll.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it would keep someone from having to do it

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Speaking from (bad) experience(s), if you are going to give a roomba also give some flowers and/or dinner to go with it. Mothers and wives are not like their male counter-parts when it comes to giving or recieving gifts.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jlcj7 if she dont like it, send it my way.
I wont find it offensive

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I can't help but notice our wise Jet-Boat brothers are not actually voting in your poll. This should be a piece of advice in and of itself.

Back away slooooowly....;)

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's a great gift, any guy would welcome the cool new tool addition. Not sure women are as impressed with the gadgetry, so I'd be afraid your very generous gift might miss the mark.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My mom loves hers and would be cool with it as a gift. My wife, however, would probably like a little something else as @Ronnie suggested.

You would know her personality best. I'd also suggest that if you have a doubt, probably best to go another direction. Lol

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
My wife loves ours. My complaint is that the thing is dumb. The ads and literature says it is smart, but the one I have goes around the room in random streaks bumping into everything for a long time and rarely finds its way back to the charging station. Maybe the more expensive ones are smart and travel in a pattern rather than criss-cross the room a hundred times to "cover" it. I often get tired of listening to it and vacuum the rooms with the hoover in 5 minutes so I won't have to listen to it running for a half hour. And, I can't get the cat to ride around on it.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife and I lover our robotic vacuum. I went with the brand Neato because it cleans in an organized pattern, it is d-shaped (not round) and the roller is in the front not the middle so it cleans corners better. We have it clean the house 3 times a week which helps keeps the dust down and doesn't overload the storage bin.

Like others said it all depends on how someone feels about getting an appliance as a gift. My wife loved it because it cleans the house more often than us manually vacuuming.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I asked my wife about this and her response was, “only if she already wants one.” Followed by, “don’t get me one, we have a teenage minion at home that will do it for free”.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think it would be an awesome present, but anything domestic care related could be taken the wrong way. :) We have the Neato Botvac Connected and love it. It cleans really efficiently (you can see the perfect pattern tracks in the carpet). The only complaint is that you may have to prep the area every time you use it (we have to roll up the fringe ends on a rug so it doesn't get caught). Otherwise we'll never use a push vac again!

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok. Thanks for all the feedback. Maybe I should keep looking

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I made a decision sometime ago not to buy each other presents at Christmas but on one occasion she was moaning about the pet hairs, so I bought her the Dyson Animal cordless vacuum and labelled it from our Border Collie, Buddy, she loved it :winkingthumbsup"

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We have a Neato - and it is the greatest thing I have bought in a while. We have two dogs and it makes our life so much easier. I would not run it when not at the house though. We usually have to empty it once per cycle. Also I have heard stories of people's dogs crapping in the house then it runs it over and smears crap all over the house.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the thought is excellent, but I will be hesitant. The reason is because if mom is OCD in vacuuming the little automatic robot will not do as good of job as she is. We had one and we ended up returning it a few months later. It was not collection well enough at the concerns and sometimes will just get stuck. Note that we have hardwood floors not carpets.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
the thought is excellent, but I will be hesitant. The reason is because if mom is OCD in vacuuming the little automatic robot will not do as good of job as she is. We had one and we ended up returning it a few months later. It was not collection well enough at the concerns and sometimes will just get stuck. Note that we have hardwood floors not carpets.
I think the opposite - the Neato gets more stuff than the Dyson does. Maybe I suck at vacuuming... floors look clean.. Neato goes and it fills up quick.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am very happy with my Dyson, I just hate the $600 I paid for it.
I did not have the Neato, I had the Roomba.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I received a roomba as a gift, coolest thing ever. Then I got a golden retriever, and now its basically useless. It can't complete a single cycle without getting jammed up with fur. Not the roombas fault, but I basically need a roomba that has a trailer attached to hold the crap it picks up.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think so. They do not cover the rooms well unless you set up additional markers. They get tangled in cords and anything else that is on the floor. Steer clear in my opinion for a mother. For you or me - its cool to try. I charge mine every now and then and try to like it again. Does she have an ipad with a keyboard? Great option for a mother that is not technical. My mom is on email and I never have to help her with it

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A couple of months ago we started using a house cleaning company for the first time in our lives, they come every other week and clean everything in the house for like $ 260.00 a month - money well spent, so with that said maybe surprise her with a Maid Service for a month??