• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is anyone using an inflatable stand up paddle board (SUP)?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We want a paddle board that we can easily transport on the boat. Would appreciate recommendations from anyone with experience. Thanks.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We've had one for a couple years. It was a gift for my wife, and I chose inflatable for the same reason you are considering... portability. She really likes it. It is very rigid. However pumping it up is a workout. Getting to 14-15psi with the manual pump they give you is quite tiring. You wouldnt want to do it frequently, which sort of defeats the purpose of it being portable.

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We bought an Isle 12 1/2 foot inflatable from Amazon last year. It has held up very well. This is a big board good for beginners and will support up to 350 lbs. My 7 year old can sit in front of me and the board remains very stable. As mentioned, inflating it is a pain in the ass. At 15 psi it is as rigid as any solid board. Electric pumps are available but they are expensive. I've used my regular air compressor judiciously and that saves quite a bit of time. We have 3 other solid boards, and the inflatable is much lighter and therefore easier to pull out of the water. Overall very happy with it. I don't see the 12.6 board on Amazon any longer, but they still have the 10 footer. Also love the Isle boards because the skegs are removable. The Bic boards don't have that feature and it can make storing them a bit more difficult.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have a jimmy Sykes 10'6" inflatable sip and love it. They sell them at both costco sometimes and west marine. Proce varies from $500 ish on up depending on size.

Pumping it up is a pita but I've found I can get it 90% full with an electric tube pump and top it off with the manual pump that was included in the ISup bundle. Can't use the electric pump to completely inflate the sup because it had a proprietary connector.

I am 5'8" and under 200 lbs so it can be challenging for me to maintain my balance on it. If I could do it again I would look for one that is 6" to 12" longer.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been looking for one myself for the last 6 months. I like this thread!

I saw a 10.5 inflatable and complete kit at West Marine for around $550 today. I think I would like to start at 12' because my boy will be riding with me.

Not sure of the quality of many manufacturers I see on the net.... That's what has stalled my decision. I don't want to lay down a grand and find out that my board tears easily or fins break off, etc.

www.tribalboards.com is one advertised in my area.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That coupon is usually in their catalog and in Boat US magazine.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce , nice choice, I like the bungee tie down area at the front and wish mine had that. Consider adding a pool noodle to the paddle because they don't float and they get expensive fast. The same is true of the fin, I know first hand $$$

Kross

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great! How long to fill it up?
I forgot to mention, 180 pumps to 11 PSI. 12 PSI is the max. It was very firm at 11. It did not move when she stepped on. The first 100 pumps were easy. I started off sitting on the stairs. Similar to sitting on the swim deck. After that I had to stand up to have enough force to pump. I did not time it but I would guess around 6 minutes.

I will likely find a way to attach my tube pump to the hand pump's hose to get a head start.

The board, pump, paddle, fin and repair kit are all inside the backpack. So far it seems like a great deal for $550.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've heard that you can use an electric pump for most of the fill but need to finish it with the manual pump due to the fitting on the manual pump holds the air in unlike the electric pump.

180 pumps would have me sweating up a storm in the Florida heat!

Would it be hard to manually pump it up on the boat? Or would you need to take it on the beach?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The fill hose screws onto the board's pump. My guess is that I will be able to find fittings to attach the board's pump hose and pressure gauge to my airhead pump. I doubt the airhead AHP-12HP will reach anything near 12 PSI. It comes with a release valve for 1.4 PSI. My guess is that the first 100 to 140 pumps can be replaced by using the airhead pump then use the board's pump to pressurize it. The board has a really nice valve that prevents air escaping when you disconnect the pump.