• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is there a big difference between a 2019 and 2020 Yamaha 242 limited se ?

Kathan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m interested on a Yamaha 242 limited se. But, I have 2 options 2019 or 2020. Is there a mayor difference in between year or is just the color of the boat.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don't think much changed, maybe some minor cosmetics and colour options. We looked at the 19 and 20 years for the 212 series and other than colour choices and upgraded wheels on the 2020 trailer, I think they're identical. 2020 brought a new 19 ft model and a 27 ft...I don't think anything else changed much. 2021 year brings a 25 ft to replace the 24's - the new 25 footer is the biggest change in several years. Yamaha doesn't make big changes year after year to keep costs down, but they have gradually been improving their boat line up.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No changes between 19 & 20 on the 242 LSE ex. graphics. The biggest difference was a $3k price increase !! I waited to see the 20 graphic options before deciding to purchase my 2019 because of the Suede Gray over Black hull only available in 19. I personally didn't like anything in 20 as well as the 19s. It was really hard to find the gray in September of last year but thanks to the persistence of my dealer , I ended up with one.

Last edited:

Kathan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you very much for your answers. That’s what I thought with my non experience research. I think I’ll go for the 2019 ( it will save me some $$$ ). And both have about the same hrs on the engine.
Thanks again

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No changes between 19 & 20 on the 242 LSE ex. graphics. The biggest difference was a $3k price increase !! I waited to see the 20 graphic options before deciding to purchase my 2019 because of the Suede Gray over Black hull only available in 19. I personally didn't like anything in 20 as well as the 19s. It was really hard to find the gray in September of last year but thanks to the persistence of my dealer , I ended up with one.
I went the same route. I bought a 2019 because of the Suede Grey and black over a 2020. You cant beat that color combo. I actually got lucky and purchased it in April 2020 way below MSRP due to COVID just blowing up and they thought no one would be buying boats.

Outside of colors, I believe the only change from 2019 242SE to 2020 is a different style of carpet. I believe it's the snap in SeaDek on the 2020's.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I went the same route. I bought a 2019 because of the Suede Grey and black over a 2020. You cant beat that color combo. I actually got lucky and purchased it in April 2020 way below MSRP due to COVID just blowing up and they thought no one would be buying boats.

Outside of colors, I believe the only change from 2019 242SE to 2020 is a different style of carpet. I believe it's the snap in SeaDek on the 2020's.
And if you look back to some of @Sotally Tober previous post you will see that his boat is made even better looking with the tint on his windshields and side glass . Really looks great !!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And if you look back to some of @Sotally Tober previous post you will see that his boat is made even better looking with the tint on his windshields and side glass . Really looks great !!
The full de-badge of every sticker on the boat helps as well!

johnkim

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think much changed, maybe some minor cosmetics and colour options. We looked at the 19 and 20 years for the 212 series and other than colour choices and upgraded wheels on the 2020 trailer, I think they're identical. 2020 brought a new 19 ft model and a 27 ft...I don't think anything else changed much. 2021 year brings a 25 ft to replace the 24's - the new 25 footer is the biggest change in several years. Yamaha doesn't make big changes year after year to keep costs down, but they have gradually been improving their boat line up.
What’s the difference between ar240 and ar250?

did they add a foot? What other changes?

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length

Whole new hull design for the 25 footers. Check out the 2021 Model Year Information thread for more information.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

The 250-series boats are 24’6” amd the previous 240-series boats were 24’. None of the newer boats are actually 25’ but they are redesigned from previous generation so they had to name it something different.

Quite a bit has changed on the new hull and interior layout so I would just check the Yamaha website or look at YouTube videos to give you a better idea of the changes.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Funny..... I did the same exact thing as @Sotally Tober and @WildCatFan54 . I had the suede grey over black on a verbal commitment (lucky to know the owner of dealership). The 2020's came out while I was sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings one evening. When the colors were announced, I immediately called and said I'd take the 2019 for sure.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Funny..... I did the same exact thing as @Sotally Tober and @WildCatFan54 . I had the suede grey over black on a verbal commitment (lucky to know the owner of dealership). The 2020's came out while I was sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings one evening. When the colors were announced, I immediately called and said I'd take the 2019 for sure.
@redthumper9 A man with great taste in boats !! lol