• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is this clean out port glued in?

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I just purchased a pre-owned 2008 Yamaha AR210. In attempting to remove the clean out ports, I noticed they were stuck. I followed the thread for removing them and have tried pressure washing the ports, warm soapy water, with tapping on them and then lifting up with a 2x4 and am about to try the ice one next, but in cleaning out the warm water, I noticed what appears to be silicone around the edge. Does this plug look like it’s glued in to you all and if so, how do I remove it??

Attachments

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It is an older version than is on my boat, but that sure as H*** looks like it has some sort of sealant on it to me!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How did those piece break out? Was it like that when you got it?

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you to Jeff at Cobra steering!!! He helped me figure out how to get the buggers out!

ended up taking the 8 screws out of the top. Then using ice and a 2 ton floor jack with a rope around the t-handle and the top of the jack to break the lock loose. Then went under the boat and used a rod and hammer to knock the bottom of the plug out. Cleaned out the port and am now ready to rebuild the plugs.

some times I wonder if anyone reads the manual and actually cleans these things out after every use 🤦‍♂️

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought the white pieces on top of the plug were chunks of it broken off. I'm glad to see it appears to be just a little debris on top. Glad you got it out!

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it normal for these things to not fit through the white deck material? Seems like it’s going to take some force to put it in. If that’s the case, I’ll wait until I install the cobra ez locks before shoving them in the holes.

Yoda715

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Whoa. I just bought a pre-owned 2016 242x and my cleanout ports are similarly stuck. I don't see any glue or seal (yet) around like yours clearly shows, but I wonder if there are owners out there just doing this to not have to worry about cleaning out these ports. Very frustrating! But thanks for posting your experience. I may try a similar approach to using floor/bottle jack with rope around the handles.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is it normal for these things to not fit through the white deck material? Seems like it’s going to take some force to put it in. If that’s the case, I’ll wait until I install the cobra ez locks before shoving them in the holes.
Sounds like you need to buy the rebuild kit for your plugs. You shouldn't have to force them in during normal operations if they are maintained well. Not hard to do and not expensive ($85 each). Covered in this FAQ.

Whoa. I just bought a pre-owned 2016 242x and my cleanout ports are similarly stuck. I don't see any glue or seal (yet) around like yours clearly shows, but I wonder if there are owners out there just doing this to not have to worry about cleaning out these ports. Very frustrating! But thanks for posting your experience. I may try a similar approach to using floor/bottle jack with rope around the handles.
Sometimes they are a bear to get out. The above FAQ also has a link to getting a stuck plug out. Worst case scenario is you remove the top of the plug in place and just drill out the bottom part as the rebuild kit comes with a new lower half.

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jeff at Cobra's 2-by-4 method worked for me. Leverage is the key to life. :D