• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is this gap on my front trailer wheel normal?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Today while rolling my boat in the garage I noticed my wheel looks slightly crooked. Upon further inspection there seems to be a gap lon the lower bolt like it's not tightened down all the way inside the winch section of the trailer. I guess the only way to look inside that part of the trailer is to put the boat in the water and unbolt the entire winch arm asy? Or maybe some slop is normal?

Attachments

Last edited:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
it's normal

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok. I just get kind of nervous rolling the boat around and seeing the amount of slop the trailer wheel has as it moves around.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
it is there for a reason so FORGETABOUTIT go watch football lol

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Watching Dallas and NY now :D

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ditto

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Normal slop but take a look at your brake line in the bend of the folding tongue. Make sure your not stretching or gouging that brake line too much. Typically those folding tongues don't fold back 100%.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think you need to add some air to the jack tire, I'm so bad!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just to follow up but my suspicion of it being excessive was right. Came home from the lake today and started to put the boat in the garage when I noticed a ton of play and sure enough the nut had backed itself off. You can see the bolt is sticking out. Had to unbolt the winch assembly to get access to the nut inside and tighten it back up. Anyone who uses their trailer a lot wheeling it around should probably inspect theirs from time to time.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No, you need to tighten up the bolt on the back side of the nut. First make sure the squarè shoulder of the bolt sits squarely in the square hole.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No, you need to tighten up the bolt on the back side of the nut. First make sure the squarè shoulder of the bolt sits squarely in the square hole.
I've ready fixed it and yes it requires removing the whole winch asy to get access to the nuts :). I was just letting others know that they should inspect theirs from time to time and excessive slop or gaps is not normal.

Attachments

Last edited:

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
good find!

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good place for some medium strength threadlocker!

su laxplayer21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have much success with trailer jacks for some reason. I am on my 5th one in 6 years, two fultons F2's covered under warranty. My question is, what is the purpose of the wheel? I couldn't imagine rolling around 4500lbs worth of trailer on that jack without any way of stopping it once it gets moving. Does anyone actually position their trailer without using their tow vehicle? I was considering just going to plate instead of a wheel after I break this jack in 6 months.

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't move it a lot, but a couple of inches of rolling freedom has saved me from re-backing my truck. I don't think it will move much at all with a plate. Maybe I need to get better at backing up to the trailer?

su laxplayer21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't move it a lot, but a couple of inches of rolling freedom has saved me from re-backing my truck. I don't think it will move much at all with a plate. Maybe I need to get better at backing up to the trailer?
This made my life a lot easier. I am ashamed to say I still have to jump out of the truck from time to time to line it up perfect.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had to unbolt the winch assembly to get access to the nut inside and tighten it back up.
Any chance you have any pics of that - disassembly? Is it self explanatory once the bow stop/winch assembly is off? I need to tighten and/or replace mine.

I'm thinking of replacing my OEM jack with the one @gmtech16450yz installed. I don't like it my OEM jack at all, it makes me nervous...

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any chance you have any pics of that - disassembly? Is it self explanatory once the bow stop/winch assembly is off? I need to tighten and/or replace mine.

I'm thinking of replacing my OEM jack with the one @gmtech16450yz installed. I don't like it my OEM jack at all, it makes me nervous...

--
I'm sorry but I don't have any pics of when I did it other than what I posted. If yours is like mine you'll see it's pretty self explanatory once you unbolt winch assembly to gain access to the nuts for the wheel jack. Just don't let that winch assembly fall on you as that thing is top heavy with the winch and such installed!