• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Is this the correct oil for the AR210?

Berberman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
10hr oil change coming up on my 2022 AR210’s twin TR-1s
Manual says to use Yamalube 4W 10w-40 (i’m based in the northeast). Since I am not changing the oil filter, the manual indicates I’ll need 3.4 quarts x 2 = 6.8 quarts, hence a couple of gallons will be plenty.
I just want to make sure this is the correct juice?: Amazon.com: Yamaha New OEM WaveRunner Boat Oil Gallon 10W-40 4W WATERCRAFT LUB-10W40-WV-04 : Automotive

I’ve already gone through a few long threads regarding process. ?

You really should change the oil filters. During break in and the first 10 hours, metal shavings, from the initial wear, are in the oil as well as other chemicals. Get that out of your engine, you don't want that swirling around. That oil you linked is fine. It is what I use. Although now I have upgraded my oil filters to something better than the OEM ones.

Also pull your spark plugs and check the gap on them. A couple of mine were off and I didn't catch it till I actually changed the plugs.

You really should change the oil filter. During break in and the first 10 hours, metal shavings, from the initial wear, are in the oil as well as other chemicals. Get that out of your engine, you don't want that swirling around. That oil you linked is fine. It is what I use. Although now I have upgraded my oil filters to something better than the OEM ones.

Also pull your spark plugs and check the gap on them. A couple of mine were off and I didn't catch it till I actually changed the plugs.
Great points. Many thanks. What filter did you switch to?

@Berberman, Also.... Fill your oil level between Low and Half way. The TR-1's run best with the oil level there. Anything more and you will lose RPM's. If you put it at Full it will most likely get in your air filters, which are not cheap. Check warm and in the water. I typically put it low and then hit the no wake zone to let it warm at water level then add a bit more till it is right there while on the water.

I am using NAPA Gold 1358 now per recommendations from other members here in know. Picked them up locally at a NAPA auto parts store. Getting tired of ordering shit on-line. When I can just grab stuff locally.

@Berberman Last piece of advice. I keep 1-2 quarts of oil and a funnel in a clear snap lid tupperware container in the boat. I check usually when I am packing the boat, but if I forget, I always check my oil level while I am out. That I way I have something just in case.

@Berberman Last piece of advice. I keep 1-2 quarts of oil and a funnel in a clear snap lid tupperware container in the boat. I check usually when I am packing the boat, but if I forget, I always check my oil level while I am out. That I way I have something just in case.
Sound advice and a good idea. It looks like I can get the NAPA Gold 1358 on amazon (have to check my local store as well), but curious what it cross references to in terms of the Yamaha filter part number? Strange the user manual does no reference it at all.

I found ref 5GH-13440-61 on one of the forum threads but I could check the actual filter on the boat itself when I get to it, and if the ref is visible..

Back