• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Islandia rotax exhaust overheating

Scotty427

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Islandia
Boat Length
Hi
First time on the forum. My 2007 islandia runs great love the boat. Lately the port engine 4tech sends on an overheat alarm after a few minuets of fast running. I have poured over the manuals checked the sensors and the engine actually does not feel hot when I lift the lid. The port engine is louder than the starboard one and when I pull it out and flush the same port engine flows less water out of the side exhaust than the starboard. The port muffler strap that ties it to the bilge has broken loose. I was wondering if the muffler may have been damaged and restricting the flow and causing the exhaust gas temp sensor to send the signal that it has hi temp alarm. Thank you in advance if anyone has any info that can help. Lately I've spent all my time in the engine hatch and not in the captain chair.

Thank you
Scotty427

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if something is stuck in the exhaust @DieselCamel had a similar issue a few years back just before the bimini trip. I know he is in Charleston today but maybe he can chime in.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had a similar issue as @robert843 stated.. My port side water box was clogged with seaweed. My water box is made out of plastic so it in turn melted the coupler. So It was easy to see were the issue was in my case. How this makes sense as it has been a long day driving and still have a 100 miles to go...

Scotty427

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Islandia
Boat Length
I wonder if something is stuck in the exhaust @DieselCamel had a similar issue a few years back just before the bimini trip. I know he is in Charleston today but maybe he can chime in.
Thank you for the response!

Scotty427

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Islandia
Boat Length
I had a similar issue as @robert843 stated.. My port side water box was clogged with seaweed. My water box is made out of plastic so it in turn melted the coupler. So It was easy to see were the issue was in my case. How this makes sense as it has been a long day driving and still have a 100 miles to go...
Thanks I'll check for clogs
I apreatiate the responses!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX