• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Isle of Palms

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for some advice on places to go in Isle of Palms during the weekend of Cinco de Mayo. I will be there with 8 of my Navy buddies who all served together on the USS South Carolina. We get together every 2 years and this years destination is Isle of Palms. Let me know if you local dudes have any recommendations.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a lot of conversation about the trip from Charleston to HH. Some local guys there might be able to give some idea

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BigN8 Since your group is ex-Navy, I am assuming you already have planned to go to Patriots Point in Mt. Pleasant. If you go there you can see the submarine that I was stationed on, no not the USS Clamagore I'm not that old, I was on the USS Lewis & Clark SSBN 644 which parts of her are now used as a land based memorial to the officers and men of the U.S. Navy Submarine Service who served during the Cold War.

As for place to eat on Isle of Palms here are a few of our favorites:
Breakfast or Lunch - Acme Lowcountry Kitchen or Sea Biscuit Café
Dinner - Morgan Creek Grill or The Boathouse at Breach Inlet

Place to get a drink - The Windjammer

If you want to venture off the Isle Palms for dinner I recommend going to Shem's Creek, any of the restaurants are good but I seem to gravitate to R.B.'s Seafood . And of course there are a ton of restaurants in downtown Charleston to try.

As for golfing all 3 course nearby are very good; Wild Dunes Links Golf Course (my favorite), Wild Dunes Harbor Golf Course, and Patriots Point Links

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Andy. Good info!

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BigN8 Since your group is ex-Navy, I am assuming you already have planned to go to Patriots Point in Mt. Pleasant. If you go there you can see the submarine that I was stationed on, no not the USS Clamagore I'm not that old, I was on the USS Lewis & Clark SSBN 644 which parts of her are now used as a land based memorial to the officers and men of the U.S. Navy Submarine Service who served during the Cold War.

As for place to eat on Isle of Palms here are a few of our favorites:
Breakfast or Lunch - Acme Lowcountry Kitchen or Sea Biscuit Café
Dinner - Morgan Creek Grill or The Boathouse at Breach Inlet

Place to get a drink - The Windjammer

If you want to venture off the Isle Palms for dinner I recommend going to Shem's Creek, any of the restaurants are good but I seem to gravitate to R.B.'s Seafood . And of course there are a ton of restaurants in downtown Charleston to try.

As for golfing all 3 course nearby are very good; Wild Dunes Links Golf Course (my favorite), Wild Dunes Harbor Golf Course, and Patriots Point Links
I want to rescind a restaurant recommendation. Last night a group of us ate at Morgan Creek Grill and the food was a 1 out of 5, the seafood tasted like is was previously frozen, cooked in the microwave and then served, worst meal I have had in a long time. Many in our group had the same experience with their meals. From what the waitress told us they are currently having trouble with the cooks, personally I think they got the crew from McDonalds to do their cooking. As of right now the only good think I can say about the restaurant is the view is very nice overlooking the intercoastal waterway.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Excellent breakfast place is High Thyme Cuisine on Sullivan's Island.
Trophy Lakes in John's Island has a wakeboarding cable park (and ski lake, and disc golf).