• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It’s Not Sexy, but Necessary

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Since purchasing our boat, I rotate how I clean the boat. First I always wash it after every use, but then I spend time on different areas to make sure I keep it looking good and maintaining all the various parts of the boat.
As I was cleaning my windshield, which I do every time, I noticed the rubber gaskets looking a bit dry, so I used this great product on all the different gaskets on both sides of the windshield. I know it’s not very sexy, like waxing or cleaning the upholstery, but your windshield will love you for it! I look at like this, if those gaskets were to go bad, I’m sure that would be an expensive repair. It took me a while to get it all done, but it was worth it!
Here’s some pictures and the product I”m using. Been using it for years in my cars. I put in on almost everything interior.
2C114DFD-F612-436C-865A-543660731E3F.jpeg
41FD20A2-91DE-4FC4-BB16-197A6F5C41C0.jpeg146821C9-4E1C-4E0C-A0D6-B620CD14F810.jpeg

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks good! I'm a stickler for seals as well. I like the cerakote ceramic wipes for the plastic trim on my truck. It last along time. The rubber seals on the other hand seem to benefit more from the mothers, 3m and armorall type products.

Slamons

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The mothers VLR product is great. Much better than other, more expensive products. Works great on white, Tesla “vegan leather” interior lol