• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's been a long....and expensive winter (lots of pics!)

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
But we're ready to enjoy the fruits of our labor, and wallet. Lots of upgrades over the winter. Can't wait to get it out on the water to play with them.

-Garmin 53dv chart plotter and transducer
-Wakeboard rack and 2 new O'Brien wakeboards
-100 amp fuse box under the console
-Swapped out cigarette lighter for USB charger
-Magma grill mounted to new stock table leg
-JL audio upgrade (and it sounds GREAT!!)

IMG_4472.JPG IMG_4527.JPG IMG_4524.JPG IMG_4528.JPG IMG_4529.JPG IMG_4541.JPG IMG_4535.JPG IMG_4540.JPG IMG_4531.JPG IMG_4532.JPG IMG_4533.JPG IMG_4537.JPG IMG_4538.JPG

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Very nice. I have some questions for you. I bought the same gps, I see that you're using a ram mount, do you have a link to it? I can't find the correct model. Also, how exactly did you mount the transducer? thank you very much.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
DANNNNGGGG. And I thought I spent alot this winter. Seadek, new Polk speakers, Base Tube, Thrust Vectors, Magma grill + Accessories.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice. Where did you get that USB charger to replace the cigarette lighter? That's a mod I def want right now. Very useful for the phones and all.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would love to know where you got the USB ports also. Thanks

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice. Thanks for the info. I started to think and don't the new models already have usb chargers next to the cigarette lighter? I'm brain dead today and can't remember.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice. I have some questions for you. I bought the same gps, I see that you're using a ram mount, do you have a link to it? I can't find the correct model. Also, how exactly did you mount the transducer? thank you very much.
Here's the ram mount that fits our units. The holes in the base match the holes in the swivel base that came with the Garmin.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009IXQG4E/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as the transducer, it was trickier. I got the placement idea from another post on here so I can't take credit for the idea. I took off the ride plate and drilled holes in it for the wire and the hole locations of the screws and screwed the transducer to it with a lots of 5200 sealer. It feels pretty solid but the top side of the ride plate looks rough. Thank goodness nobody can see it :D I was a little apprehensive about drilling the cable hole below the water line but I think I have done a good job sealing the hole however I'll be watching it closely the first few times in the water. :confused:

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice. Thanks for the info. I started to think and don't the new models already have usb chargers next to the cigarette lighter? I'm brain dead today and can't remember.
There's one on the port side with the auxiliary port but the one in the console was just the lighter. We usually have several phones on board so we need multiple charging spots, plus this is capable of charging an iPad at the same time too which pulls a little more juice.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice. Where did you get that USB charger to replace the cigarette lighter? That's a mod I def want right now. Very useful for the phones and all.
If you want a quick conversion for the cig lighter, you can just get a plug in adapter that has two USB plug ins in the adapter.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you want a quick conversion for the cig lighter, you can just get a plug in adapter that has two USB plug ins in the adapter.
I had that setup prior but for only $12 it's a much cleaner look now.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here's the ram mount that fits our units. The holes in the base match the holes in the swivel base that came with the Garmin.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009IXQG4E/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as the transducer, it was trickier. I got the placement idea from another post on here so I can't take credit for the idea. I took off the ride plate and drilled holes in it for the wire and the hole locations of the screws and screwed the transducer to it with a lots of 5200 sealer. It feels pretty solid but the top side of the ride plate looks rough. Thank goodness nobody can see it :D I was a little apprehensive about drilling the cable hole below the water line but I think I have done a good job sealing the hole however I'll be watching it closely the first few times in the water. :confused:
Thank you for the response.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice work. Love the upgrades

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great! Love the grill mount!

Sarconen10

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
@AndyD what JL tower speakers are those?

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
With the grill over the swim platform, do you have to worry about any grease dripping on anything or is it all contained?

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@AndyD what JL tower speakers are those?
They're JL MX770's with the sport grill. I didn't go with the JL cans because I was trying to stay in a budget so my audio guy set me up with some more generic cans and used the JL speakers in them. They sound just as good for a little less money.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
With the grill over the swim platform, do you have to worry about any grease dripping on anything or is it all contained?
The magma grills are supposed to be self contained but I haven't had the chance to actually try it out yet so I'm not completely sure to be honest.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
love it!!!!!

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My recommendation is not too hard mount any usb charging port unless it is at least Qualcomm quick charge 3. I just replaced all my old chargers because they couldn't keep up and took forever. My note 4 is only qc2, but charges about 1%/min. Charging technology is advancing fast. 12v cig lighters are hear to stay.