• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's over...

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Boating season in now over up north....

Now I will look at all the pictures from you guys in the south, hoping winter ends 1 or 2 month sooner :(

Here is the last sunset on the water

20161007_175302.jpg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yup, same here... it's bittersweet. Time to go camping! And then play in the snow!

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's over for me also. Last two times out even the docks were pulled. I have a two week Florida vacation coming up and was taking the boat with me but not taking it this time.

Brent Gaidosh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pulled, winterized, and put away. It was supposed to be 39* last night.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Say it aint so...I pulled my boat from marina and it is in my arena, but i know we will get at least one more outing. Not throwing in the towel yet. Will winterize soon, not yet. We put over 200miles on the boat this summer and hope to put a few more on before halloween.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Shrink wrapping next Sunday, Docks come out in the Am
I was in the Boston area a couple of weeks ago, and saw some boats shrink wrapped for the winter. Never realized you did this up north. Out of curiosity, who does it for you, is it expensive, what does it take to remove it?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I admire how loyal all of you are to boating. I don't think I could justify owning a boat if I could not use it year round.
It's how well you boat, not how much you boat!
For me there is nothing more "zen" like than being out on the lake. My kids love it. A boat is a one time cost that brings joy and happiness many years over.

Besides, sometimes you best love the things you long for. We are longing for spring!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just finished our last outing yesterday, finished winterizing it yesterday as well. Couldn't agree more @Speedling, it's all for the kids! :)

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was in the Boston area a couple of weeks ago, and saw some boats shrink wrapped for the winter. Never realized you did this up north. Out of curiosity, who does it for you, is it expensive, what does it take to remove it?
Costs about $10-15 per foot of wrap; they will use nylon/polyester strapping and wood supports as required and put the wrap over that. In the spring, a cut in the strapping used as a 'draw string' around the bottom edge of the wrap in the front and back is enough to loosen the wrap for removal. Cut all the support strapping and begin the spring clean-up!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Costs about $10-15 per foot of wrap; they will use nylon/polyester strapping and wood supports as required and put the wrap over that. In the spring, a cut in the strapping used as a 'draw string' around the bottom edge of the wrap in the front and back is enough to loosen the wrap for removal. Cut all the support strapping and begin the spring clean-up!
Thanks.....appreciate the info....just glad I dont have to worry about that down here :)

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@captras Ya there are quite a few people who have their boats shrink wrapped for winter storage up here, especially when they store outside. It makes a water tight enclosure for the boat that is bright underneath so you can do work onboard thru the winter if you choose. The pitch of the cover is steep to shed the weight of snow. Not sure of the current per ft. price but I have seen where people strategically cut the cover to reuse it another year. There are several people that provide the service in my area. A lot of larger boats have this done.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Temperature this am even colder tomorrow am forcast.1010160807.jpg

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We went camping this weekend and are planning to go boating this coming Saturday. We can boat year round here in Arizona if we wanted to, but when the water is cold, it's a no go for us as we like to swim.

Here is our weather forecast for Saturday down at Lake Pleasant in Phoenix, AZ.

Phoenix.jpg

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO :env: The rest of my boating days this year will not be near that warm. Just wish my high temps will get close to your low temps.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@AZDANSX230HO :env: The rest of my boating days this year will not be near that warm. Just wish my high temps will get close to your low temps.
We live in the Mountains where it is much cooler than Phoenix, it's 1 1/2 hour drive to get to Lake Pleasant. All of us have pluses and minuses based on where we live, for me Arizona has a great overall climate, except the really hot months, but jump in the water and it cools you off just fine.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hell even in North Florida we put them up for a few months.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
OH yea, usually, here in SE Texas, Dec thru Feb there is little if any boating. But at least we dont have to shrink wrap them or worry about freezing!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
During the cold months up here I will put it away until April/May when the water warms up again.