• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I've been busy!!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally got around to adding LED'S to my rig... and I think it turned out pretty damn good if I have to say so myself!! I used LED strips in corners of the bow and stern putting them on separate switches. Then used LED bulbs in the two deck lights on either side. Went with all blue. Looks really good at night, just wish the pics looked better.

Attachments

• WP_20140412_012.jpg
    WP_20140412_012.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 100
  • WP_20140412_006.jpg
    WP_20140412_006.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 93
  • WP_20140412_005.jpg
    WP_20140412_005.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 93
  • WP_20140412_009.jpg
    WP_20140412_009.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 89
It does look good!

Very nice!!

That looks great! I love the blue.

Thanks Cheryl, it was an accidental shot from the beach in Wailea on Maui. I didn't realize I got the boat in the pic until I saw it on the computer! Just let me say, I envy your sig pic! Did Danny ever get his sig pic fixed? I didn't hear back from him. Sorry for the hijack!

Love those LEDs. I'd probably look into them if I boated more at night.

that looks really good!

@itsdgm and @Scottintexas ... thank you for the comments!! Funny, my wife asked me if we were planning to do more night boating. I told her that I was just adding these to set "the mood" when we go out to watch a sunset. Got a big smile for that one!

The blue looks awesome

In case anyone was wondering these are the parts that I used:

LED'S...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Y9YIU6/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
LED switch...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Y3BKNC/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
wire...http://www.lowes.com/pd_167105-295-56750023_0__

Used an old fishing pole to get the all the wire to the helm. Ran a separate power supply from the battery instead of picking up power under then helm. Oh, can't forget you will also need a cooler with some cold beverages to aid in the thinking process!!

I have the same setup ready to be installed this spring....tested it all last fall, but then failed to get it done :(

The one thing I have different is I decided to put one behind each of the seat back cushions on the swim deck....the glow from behind those looks great if your in getting any light back there

@woodard1983 ... I thought about that and still may add those. I still have 6 strips left (bought 2 from Walmart just to see how they looked) that I can do something with.

pic is sort of crappy and doesn't show the "glow" very well, but it gives you an idea of what it will look like....I have the exact same strips you do, so the glow would be what you got w/your other lights.....

Swim Platform Lights.jpg

@woodard1983 ... did you wire these seperate or with something else? I have like 6 switches left (didn't realize I was ordering 2 packs of 4) and could easliy wire them in on a seperate switch. They look good, I do like the glow from the back like that.

I haven't finished yet, that was a pic from the test fitting to see how I liked them best....they will look different depending where you place them and if you mount them on the glass or on the back of the cushion due to angles/reflection....I'd test them before you mount to see what you like best, my fav spot was about 4 inches up mounted to the back of the cushion...

When I do get the install finished I'll have them on a separate switch....planning to have bow, stern, swim deck when it's all done

@woodard1983 .... look forward to seeing the finished product!!

just waiting on the weather to get a lil better up here...we had snow again on Monday morning :(

Yeah, our weather has been crazy this spring. We were close to 80 on Saturday, 70's on Sunday...then upper 30's on Monday with flurries!! I am so freaking ready for winter to be over with!!

Back