• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JB.net email alerts stopped/inconsistent ?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Audience:

For some reason I no longer receive "watched thread" emails, or alert balloons in the upper right corner.

on sporadic occasions I'll get an alert for the most recent thread I've replied to or "watched", but otherwise nothing.
I'm going to start by unsubscribing to most everything, Deleting my email and reentering doesn't sound effective, (files are not being filtered to spam)....FWIW is via a yahoo email account.

Anyone else witness this?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Yes. It seems to be very random anymore. Fortunately I am on here enough that I don't miss much!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine seemed to work well. Too well, infact. I had to turn them off. But it's nice to know we can talk about you and you might not get alerted about it :p

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@justason,

These are your most recent alerts. Did you receive them?

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 10.46.47 AM.png

The mail log shows that 100 emails were delivered to your Yahoo account this month. Yahoo is not rejecting when we send them. Could they be in your spam folder?

One of the "features" of the alert system is that it will not send another alert until the previous alert has been viewed. I believe this is the primary cause of members not receiving alerts. Approximately 40% of the recent alerts have not been viewed. I suspect that you had unviewed alerts for threads that you were not receiving alerts for. Unsubscribing and resubscribing would have viewed the thread so that you will receive future alerts.

The database shows that you are subscribed to 308 threads.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think you guys should seek out some therapy. :)

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good God @Bruce . You are what we call an overachiever haha. Good info.

But I'm in the same boat as @justason . I'm on here quite a bit. Rarely do I go a full day without logging on....multiple times. But I always check my notifications and catch up on the "Recent Posts" until I get caught up. Several times, while in Recent Posts, I've come across a Thread I've posted in, but did not get an email nor a notification in the top right. It's like somehow I was Unselected (?) from watching the thread.

The most recent thread I can think of is the Post Up Your Memes thread. I've posted in there, but no longer get alerts. Just an example.

I've noticed this happening over the course of a few months. But I wasn't too worried about it, because I log on so much. Just wanted to confimr with Justason I was experiencing the same issue.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have experienced the same issue. Not the email part because I have email turned off. But I click on recent posts and see additional posts on threads that I have replied to and the alert system has decided that I am not ready for a new alert on that thread. It believes that I have not cleared a previous alert. This appears to be a "feature" of all Xenforo installations.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@justason,

These are your most recent alerts. Did you receive them?

View attachment 20752

The mail log shows that 100 emails were delivered to your Yahoo account this month. Yahoo is not rejecting when we send them. Could they be in your spam folder?

One of the "features" of the alert system is that it will not send another alert until the previous alert has been viewed. I believe this is the primary cause of members not receiving alerts. Approximately 40% of the recent alerts have not been viewed. I suspect that you had unviewed alerts for threads that you were not receiving alerts for. Unsubscribing and resubscribing would have viewed the thread so that you will receive future alerts.

The database shows that you are subscribed to 308 threads.

Hi @Bruce amazing data ! Nothing is in my spam folder, I am getting emails, but the subject matter is what I can find a pattern in. I think I've multiple alerts on a single subject, but just stopped on others. ie; The bimini thread, the meme thread...then again some year plus old threads that get a new reply to I'll get an email notice on. The ones I seem to consistenly get are the most recent ones I've visited or replied to, which doesn't make sense

308 threads...Damn....

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
..one more thing. I NEVER get an alert for a private conversation

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same thing here. Threads I have been watching stop sending notifications, and then seemingly start up out of nowhere again after a while.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not trying to pile on but I have email notifications turned off for threads that I have responded to but for some reason I will get an email anyway...like the koozie thread. But not on other threads??? No biggie, I'm on here just about every day anyway. Love this place!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not trying to pile on but I have email notifications turned off for threads that I have responded to but for some reason I will get an email anyway...like the koozie thread. But not on other threads??? No biggie, I'm on here just about every day anyway. Love this place!!
I found that turning off email notifications only applies to future threads. I still get emails from some early threads before I turned that feature off.