• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JB.net v.s. OTHER JetBoat sites. . . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When this board was created, with the idea that it should be open and transparent. . . . I was WAY on-board. Not only did I absolutely LOVE the format and S/W more than OTHER boards, but the idea of transparency was significantly appealing. My greatest hope was that the creation of this site would help OTHER sites realize that there was a better way to manage a forum such as this.

I had a post "Moderated" here within the first few weeks of joining and there was an open, honest, genuine discussion as to whether the content was relevant or if it should stay. Not only was I advised that the post was moderated, not only was I given an opportunity to share my opinion, but I was encouraged to to so in order to help formulate a policy regarding said content moving forward.

FF to yesterday. . . . There was a post on anOTHER jet boat site that had a link to a different site regarding a group (offered here: http://www.pwcweekly.com/showthread...-DAYLIGHT-SAVINGS-TIME!-At-COBRA-JET-STEERING.)

I noticed the link from the OP was broken and redirecting to an invalid address. So I searched out the correct link and posted it in the comment indicating that the above link was broken.

Here in lys the issue . . . . .I went back today to view my updated posts and troll the board for anything new and I found that the entire post had been deleted. No notice, no discussion, no courtesy. . . . . just deletion.

I would think that a post made, to help others get quality products at great prices might be well received by the users of that forum. . . . But I guess that only happens on JB.net.

Brian states in his rules section that all posts, avatars, or signatures regarding the advertising of products that compete with his YJB store will be removed without warning.

No one reads those. . . . if post is moderated you should be made aware.

When this board was created, with the idea that it should be open and transparent. . . . I was WAY on-board. Not only did I absolutely LOVE the format and S/W more than OTHER boards, but the idea of transparency was significantly appealing. My greatest hope was that the creation of this site would help OTHER sites realize that there was a better way to manage a forum such as this.

I had a post "Moderated" here within the first few weeks of joining and there was an open, honest, genuine discussion as to whether the content was relevant or if it should stay. Not only was I advised that the post was moderated, not only was I given an opportunity to share my opinion, but I was encouraged to to so in order to help formulate a policy regarding said content moving forward.

FF to yesterday. . . . There was a post on anOTHER jet boat site that had a link to a different site regarding a group (offered here: http://www.pwcweekly.com/showthread...-DAYLIGHT-SAVINGS-TIME!-At-COBRA-JET-STEERING.)

I noticed the link from the OP was broken and redirecting to an invalid address. So I searched out the correct link and posted it in the comment indicating that the above link was broken.

Here in lys the issue . . . . .I went back today to view my updated posts and troll the board for anything new and I found that the entire post had been deleted. No notice, no discussion, no courtesy. . . . . just deletion.

I would think that a post made, to help others get quality products at great prices might be well received by the users of that forum. . . . But I guess that only happens on JB.net.

I saw the original link to that site and saw you found it broken. I also saw you corrected the link but wondered how long it would last. Not surprised it didn't last too long as the price on those fins was $11 less than I just spent for the Cobra Ultimates on Brian's group buy.

so now you know the rules and how the game is played, do yourself a favor and stop visiting that site, it's not worth the hassle when you have everything here.

In light of the latest situation I just extended the offer to members of the YJB board and I eliminated them needing to post their username on the thread due to the politics. I was planning to end the sale on the 10th but now I may extend it a bit longer.
I realize a lot of people are members of both boards and I would warn you to be cautious of pm's .
Email addresses were also eliminated from peoples profiles a while back in an obvious effort to quell any outside conversations that can't be monitored. WHY ELSE?

so now you know the rules and how the game is played, do yourself a favor and stop visiting that site, it's not worth the hassle when you have everything here.

While I like the sentiment, and agree to an extent. . . . the accumulated knowledge base here (as fast as it is growing) is not quite yet as extensive as the OTHER site. However, I am sure there will come a time REAL soon that it will not be necessary to be on both boards.

While I like the sentiment, and agree to an extent. . . . the accumulated knowledge base here (as fast as it is growing) is not quite yet as extensive as the OTHER site. However, I am sure there will come a time REAL soon that it will not be necessary to be on both boards.
I have to respectfully disagree on that point. About 90 percent of the knowledge that is on that board came from the group that is here now. Dont get me wrong there are a few exceptions but for the majority the knowledge base and people that have experimented and know what to do are here.

I have to respectfully disagree on that point. About 90 percent of the knowledge that is on that board came from the group that is here now. Dont get me wrong there are a few exceptions but for the majority the knowledge base and people that have experimented and know what to do are here.

Maybe I could have worded that better. . . . . The knowledge of the folks here is already WELL documented and not in question. I really meant more by way of historical postings to troll through. Being new, this site has a long way to go in order to have the base of posts to search.

Indeed. YJB does not own the knowledge. A "forum" is just a place for people to disusss. It is not a source of knowledge, the people are the source. The vast majority of content stored over there was created by people that are now over here

I still visit the other site, more out of curiosity than anything. Like the other day I researching a box anchor. But I do not and will not post. I refuse.
I have noticed the lack of activity there - I've noticed that we may have 30-40 users online, while they will have 11 or so. The other day someone posted a question as to why there was so little activity. Another member posted back saying that it was due to the time of year and it will pick up. I was so so tempted to post "No - its cause we are all on JetBoaters.net". But I resisted the urge.

I've also noticed a lot of newbies with so many questions not getting sufficient answers.

I used to go over there to research question at the start of this site. I no longer feel the need to. I'm sure every now and then I might, but in general there is no need for me to anymore. I do visit on occasion just to see how many are online, and how many active threads they have, to see how we are doing comparitively....(like right now):

YJB:
Online: 23
Registered Members: 8
Active Threads today: 10

JB:

Online: 42
Registered Members: 27
Active Threads today: 45

And I don't recognize any of the names of those online over there....so it would be like going to a party where I don't know anyone!

On the bright side the sun is shining and I spent all yesterday out on the water relaxing.
Today is get the work handled and tomorrow is going to be in the low 80's again so back to the water and relax again. For some reason I never get TIRED of RELAXING on the water.

Actually today I am building a secret weapon for my yamaha fxho cruiser.

if I do it won't be a secret now will it?

I believe it will make evil sport JEALOUS though

Back