• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JBL Stereo Owner's Manual for 2011 AR240

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have a link to an owner's manual (stereo only) for the JBL head unit that comes on a 2011 AR240? If not, does anyone know the specific model number of this high quality (ha ha) head unit?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is the MR-18.3 on my 2012 SX240. I have the manual and can make a copy of it. This is the HU...your right about the quality question...
2014-05-28 08.34.28.jpg

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply Mel and that is fact the same unit. I don't want to put you out on making a copy.......I was hoping there was a link. Let me see what I can find on the JBL webpage.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I saved the PDF to my files! Thanks for posting it and finding it! What a POS that thing is.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know your boat is brand new, so I won't beat it up too bad, but it certainly isn't the greatest. Simply tuning channels and saving presets is even a PITA. Not a very well thought out piece of equipment IMO.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It may be brand new, but the HU issues I have already had has already been repaired under warranty...and it is acting up the very first time out on the water, less than a week after the repair. The knowledge that I may have to replace this POS has stopped my forward progression on upgrading the stereo...because that is expensive in itself without the need to also spend another $400-600 on a better HU and remote.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The problem, as you know, is that once you upgrade the head unit you will want to upgrade the speakers, add an amp, sub, etc. The next thing you know it is $3500 later.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am trying to limit the upgrade to less than $2K. I could do it for less than $1500, but adding 4 speakers adds the cost of 2, plus the cost of engineering a way to mount them, and now into two amps instead of one. Wish it were simpler.