• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JBP SeaDek Review

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just have to take a minute to tell you about my experience with Jet Boat Pilot.

I ordered the rear mats, ladder cover mats, front step mats, rear step mats, dash mat and head cover mat from JBP for my 2011 AR240 on April 24th. I spoke with someone on the phone the day before and asked if it was possible to receive these mats before Memorial Day weekend and was told "maybe", which I completely understood as I knew that JBP is cutting masks and faceshields for the medical industry. No problem.

Unfortunately, my order showed up the day after Memorial Day (May 26th) , which again was no big deal. I was just excited to have my beautiful SeaDek!

Upon opening the box and laying out the mats I immediately knew that something was missing. It seems that I ordered the rear mat set for a 242 instead of the correct mats for my 240. Dang it. Now, for those of you who have ordered from JBP before, you know that they ask you to create a "profile" and add your boat specs to that profile to help avoid these mistakes. I missed the error when I placed my order and JBP missed it when they cut my mats.

So, I called them and spoke to Ashley on the phone and explained my situation to her. She then referred me to her supervisor, Kelly, who explained that I needed to send back the entire swim deck mat kit so that they could send me the correct mats. She then informed me that they would rush the production and shipping of these mats so that I could have them ASAP, which I was absolutely thrilled about! I boxed up the mats and sent them that same day. Less than a week later I had the correct mats and got them installed!

Moral of the story here is this: Owning up to a mistake and doing everything in your power to make sure that the customer is happy will gain you a customer for life. I have run a couple small businesses, and I know that these things happen from time to time. JBP handled this situation with empathy, class and astounding customer service that was tailor made to my specific situation. I can't wait to order the cockpit mats to replace my carpet (when my wife will let me...) and I won't have a single issue spending my hard earned money with JBP again!

I could not be happier with the quality of these mats and the overall look and feel. They made my boat look like a damn yacht!?

Thanks so much JBP team!

Rear SeaDek.jpg
Front SeaDek.jpg
Engine SeaDek.jpg
Head SeaDek.jpg
Driver SeaDek.jpg

Looks awesome! I ordered similar kits for my 2017 210SX. Can't wait to get them and install! Was the installation fairly easy?

Nice looking Seadeck! I installed mine in the whole boat and so far couldn't be happier with the product. Everyone that sees it is very impressed with it also.

Looks awesome! I ordered similar kits for my 2017 210SX. Can't wait to get them and install! Was the installation fairly easy?
I just put mine in a month ago. Very easy. Score the back side in the middle of the paper and pre position the piece you're working on, while holding down one side, lift the opposite side back and remove that portion of the paper a couple inches at a time while slowly (walking ) to to the edge.... Work from the middle to the outer edge. Then do the other side the same way. 2nd person is a PLUS. I had my wife stand on one side so the mat wouldn't move.

How does the sea dek hold up over time? Looking to get a full kit for my 180 challenger but im hesitant about its longevity through the winter months. We have indoor but not heated storage.

@That_Jeep_Dude , Your story accurately summarizes all my interactions with Jet Boat Pilot. Courteous , prompt service and high quality products. SeaDek is the best. I think Will told me the life expectancy of his SeaDek kits is 6-7 years with normal cleaning and proper install.

Too soon for faulty install, warranty voided jokes?

Hope they don’t peel off when you go down the highway ;)

Last edited:
We're replacing the stock material on our swim platform with the Seadek swim kit from JBP. Has anyone had experience/have any tips for removing the stock material?

The actual install is the easy part... Getting the old stuff off and making sure everything is clean and ready for the SeDek to go down is the hard part. I would be glad to do an in-depth review of how I went about removing the old stuff if you’d like. I’m on shift for 48 straight at the FD right now and should have some time to do that tomorrow.

The actual install is the easy part... Getting the old stuff off and making sure everything is clean and ready for the SeDek to go down is the hard part. I would be glad to do an in-depth review of how I went about removing the old stuff if you’d like. I’m on shift for 48 straight at the FD right now and should have some time to do that tomorrow.
Sounds good, send me a message tomorrow with your number and when you're available. Thanks!

Sounds good, send me a message tomorrow with your number and when you're available. Thanks!
I thought about calling you but figured I would post this here with pictures in case anyone else is interested in how I went about removing the factory mats.

I started with the rear mats. They were the most problematic as they were starting to deteriorate pretty bad. When they got wet, black stuff was coming off of them and it was getting tracked all through the boat. I tried to simply peel them up by hand at first but was only getting tiny pieces at at time. So, I pulled out the pressure washer and went to work. This seemed to work ok (working very slowly) at removing the actual mat, but wasn’t doing much to remove the adhesive underneath. I figured I would worry about that after the foam mat was off. WARNING: This is going to make a giant mess of your boat and your driveway!
621D7376-5BE6-4303-B57B-DC529D2D80E2.jpeg
Next, I needed to figure out how to get this adhesive off. I tried acetone and mineral spirits but it just wasnt working like I
would have hoped so I stared doing some searching online and found this stuff...
0430B7C7-C7CA-44BE-ADCB-4B5CE9681F17.jpeg
I would spray this on, let it sit for about 30 seconds and use a razor blade scraper to gently scrape the adhesive off. The first round or first pass of using this stuff got the majority of the old glue up, but there was still a bit left on there, and I’m OCD as they come and had to get it all off and all the gel coat clean and new looking, so that’s What I did. ***Side note here: Have lots of paper towels and a plastic grocery bag handy so you have something to wipe up the goopy adhesive with, and somewhere to put the used paper towels.

Once you get all that adhesive off and your satisfied with the results, you’ll want to wipe everything down with acetone. Pay close attention to the outside edges of where your new mats will be put down and make sure they are completely clean before you begin your install. Obviously, make sure all the acetone is dry before you stick your new mats to your boat.

Since the other mats didnt have nearly as much traffic over the years, simply letting them sit in the sun for a few hours and they mostly peeled right up with some help from that razor blade scraper that I mentioned earlier.

If anyone has any questions, I’m happy to answer them, just let me know!

I have the same problem with the black marks tracking all through the boat with the old foam. I purchased a replacement SEADEK from Jet Boat Pilot for the swim deck, but I am really dreading removal of the old foam and adhesive.

Back