• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet boat won’t pull

Twocents

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I recently bought a 1998 speedster twin engine knowing one engine wouldn’t crank. Dropped it in the water just to check other engine on the way home. It run but would only go about 5 mile hour acted like this wear ring May be bad but before I start tearing it apart was just wondering if maybe I should get that engine cranking and put it back in the water first. I have a starter ordered on its way but it’ll be the weekend before I can put it on and I’m about 50 miles from the water. Just hate to waist time and money tearing it apart for no reason or waisting a trip to the lake for it not to pull itself. Just wondering if someone could tell me if maybe it’s just not pulling right just because it’s only one engine. It try’s to pull then acts like it spins out like it coming out of the water but I know it’s not

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Were the clean out plugs locked in?

Edit: See post #4 below.

Last edited:

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Its a seadoo it doesnt have clean out ports, go to harbor freight and get a compression tool, its theres no or lowyou might have to rebuilt also i believe its carburated?, might also be time to check those too.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Were the clean out plugs locked in?
What a dumb ass...my only excuse is it was 5:30am and the coffee was still brewing. :banghead:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
could have a stripped power take off on the back of the engine where the drive shaft goes in, common issue on older models

Twocents

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I appreciate the feedback. I had forgot I had posted on here. I put starter on this morning. It runs great with both engines running. But since I’m on here it started quitting on me like you just cut the key off.. I’m thinking it may be the cdi box getting hot. Does that sound like something y’all have run across. It’ll run great for a while then die and crank back after a few minutes. Like it’s getting ready to go out

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thats the way seadoos are set up you cant really go over 5 mph on one engine... need both or idle on one thats it.