• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Pilot/Body Glove Products

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This last week I spent a little time negotiating a partnership with Jet Pilot and their subsidiary Body Glove to add it our Transom Watersports inventory. Before I invest in another segment of products I'm hoping I can get a little feedback from the community. I'd sincerely appreciate your help and input. Here is a little about the brands followed by some questions.

Jet Pilot, (not to be confused with JetBoatPilot) has a huge variety of quality vests, comp vests, dog vests, wet suits, and apparel. Vests range in size from infant and up.

Manufacturer website: LIVE.RIDE.ESCAPE
JP19145_BONFAY_F_EXTERIOR_NEW_1024x1024.jpgJP18218_Lady_Luck_Gry-Grn_F_1024x1024.jpg

Body Glove offer some similar items but also branches out into equipment such as towables that I'm hoping we can get out hands on.
0088293014687_a.jpg

• How many are actively looking for these types of products currently?
  • What are your thoughts on these brands & their products?
  • Would you consider these brands over others if prices were similar?
  • When searching for these products for yourselves, what factors key factors are you looking for?
I was thinking about building out some package deals with larger discounts for outfitting your families or folks trying to outfit their new boats. Does a package discount appeal to you?

I'm not sure of price point on all of these items yet but, it is our hope that with the brands that were offer we will win your business by providing you with high quality products at the best deal possible.

I would like to be able to have the type of relationship and reputation here where you can inform me of the watersports products you are wanting to be outfitted with. I can offer my honest opinion and help you piece together a package that includes all you need. Then offer you a price that's a winning deal for both parties.

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am set at the moment on these kinds of products. I usually do a fair amount of research into fit on PFDs so accurate fit info is good. I am personally a fan of Ronix PFDs for athletic type fits and other brands for a more robust body type.

One note on PFDs. Comp vests look great but don’t pass uscg regs for a reason. To each their own decision but this is a category where consumer education could help so they can make their own informed choice. The story about a pro rider being recovered off the bottom of a lake wearing one made it a no brainer for me. No comp vests on my boat, ever.

In the future I will certainly check to see if what I am in need of is something you carry before making a purchase.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am set at the moment on these kinds of products. I usually do a fair amount of research into fit on PFDs so accurate fit info is good. I am personally a fan of Ronix PFDs for athletic type fits and other brands for a more robust body type.

One note on PFDs. Comp vests look great but don’t pass uscg regs for a reason. To each their own decision but this is a category where consumer education could help so they can make their own informed choice. The story about a pro rider being recovered off the bottom of a lake wearing one made it a no brainer for me. No comp vests on my boat, ever.

In the future I will certainly check to see if what I am in need of is something you carry before making a purchase.
Thanks for your input @Mainah! I've always worn USCG approved vests myself. Jet Pilot offers both types in multiple designs and materials.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oddly enough I just went through this process. I am picking up my new 210 FSH on Friday, and not currently owning a boat I was starting with nothing. That meant (4) nice life jackets, plus a few cheapos in case someone comes with that doesn’t have one. I also bought a tube for our girls (11 and 12) plus everything else you need for a boat. I can tell you it’s been a struggle to find good fitting, comfortable life vests. I knew I wanted neoprene or hybrid jackets for comfort while tubing, but being 6’5” and having a few extra pounds I looked ridiculous in a standard vest. Hyperlite makes tall size vests, they were the only ones I found on the market. We are a tall family, my GF is also 6 feet, she kind of wants a longer fit on hers as well. That being said, I suppose for “normal” size people putting together a package deal with a little nicer life vests, tube, and rope I think it might go over well, especially for those in a similar situation. Outfitting a boat from scratch is costly, and spending $600 on 4 vests and a tube just adds to it.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Although I'm not looking to outfit a boat right now, there will hundreds (thousands?) of new boat owners this year who will be. I think offering package deals on basic equipment/toys is a great idea. I don't think any of the major watersport vendors offer that. As for the these two manufacturers, I am only familiar with Body Glove who I have had good experience with and would buy again, especially if the price was competitive. I suppose when I'm shopping for gear I'm usually looking for a quality product and I am willing to pay a little more for products with a proven track record. Colors, stylish stuff, etc., don't matter that much as long as the gear does what it's supposed to do and will last. Good to know you're out there, I'll be checking out you site when in the market again.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@J-RAD I know the wife has asked you this question about the vests. We will be in the market for our daughters comp vests this year.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider & @jcyamahariders wife thanks a whole lot for checking in with me. I'd love it if we could accommodate you with something for your daughter. In terms of comp vests Jet Pilot has 4 to pick from in women's vests, ranging from XS-XL:

Without knowing your daughter's age and size, I'm assuming early teen since we're discussing comp vests. One of these should be a good fit. Here's the size chart:
This should be the section that applies:
Screenshot_20190410-130452_Chrome.jpg
Although I'm noticing it lacks info on XS. I'm assuming 22"-26" based off the chart.

We're at the stage of signing the dealer agreement and piecing together a intial order. Which has to be fairly sizable... so as much info as we can gather about what people are after would help.

As for pricing, that's still somewhat TBD. JP I'm certain is listing full MSRP. We should be able to knock 10-15% off that. Everything were sell, we intend to ship free to the lower 48.

Let me know if there's one she or you are digging on.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider & @jcyamahariders wife thanks a whole lot for checking in with me. I'd love it if we could accommodate you with something for your daughter. In terms of comp vests Jet Pilot has 4 to pick from in women's vests, ranging from XS-XL:

Without knowing your daughter's age and size, I'm assuming early teen since we're discussing comp vests. One of these should be a good fit. Here's the size chart:
This should be the section that applies:
View attachment 91546
Although I'm noticing it lacks info on XS. I'm assuming 22"-26" based off the chart.

We're at the stage of signing the dealer agreement and piecing together a intial order. Which has to be fairly sizable... so as much info as we can gather about what people are after would help.

As for pricing, that's still somewhat TBD. JP I'm certain is listing full MSRP. We should be able to knock 10-15% off that. Everything were sell, we intend to ship free to the lower 48.

Let me know if there's one she or you are digging on.
We will defiantly show the vests to both of them and get back with you.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not in the market currently. However I have a 1yr old and a 7yr old that are growing faster than I can buy clothes for them. I'm sure I'll be in need of better fitting/performing vests in the future.

Package deals are great for new boaters, but I doubt existing boaters will have much use for them......I'm sure this isn't news to you though. If we had a good vendor with a "I just bought a jetboat what do I need" package. That would be an easy way to have the forum help you with marketing/etc. Currently I don't know that this exists for PFD's in general. Moreso if you had other safety equipment and put it all in one box for one price I think you would have a market there. Would be extremely "seasonal" I would imagine with tons of sales in spring, and very few in winter.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@J-RAD I know you are just getting everything going. What is the timeline for ordering the vests ? I would need something no later than mid-May.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Since you are looking for feedback - no comp vests on my boat either - only USCG approved for me.

I do like the colors though, and would love a life vest that matched by blue boat color well! If it said Jet Pilot on it...even better! :winkingthumbsup"

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD I know you are just getting everything going. What is the timeline for ordering the vests? I would need something no later than mid-May.
I'll try to figure out when we'll have them available for you and let you know.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since you are looking for feedback - no comp vests on my boat either - only USCG approved for me.

I do like the colors though, and would love a life vest that matched by blue boat color well! If it said Jet Pilot on it...even better! :winkingthumbsup"
Thanks for your input @Julian. I think they're great looking myself and having seen them in person, they're well made. The "Jet" is the clencher for sure!

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would be open to both brands. While the package deal may be most obvious for new boaters, don’t count the veterans out either. We seem to be wearing everything out/ out-growing equally over the years (life jackets, tubes and ropes). That makes a package deal of interest. Starting to get embarrassed at the fade on some of the neoprene ski vests and for some (unknown) reason, I now have to exhale to zip my vest? WTH?!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would be open to both brands. While the package deal may be most obvious for new boaters, don’t count the veterans out either. We seem to be wearing everything out/ out-growing equally over the years (life jackets, tubes and ropes). That makes a package deal of interest. Starting to get embarrassed at the fade on some of the neoprene ski vests and for some (unknown) reason, I now have to exhale to zip my vest? WTH?!
I can sympathize with the shrinking lifejacket syndrome... lol!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@J-RAD I know you are just getting everything going. What is the timeline for ordering the vests ? I would need something no later than mid-May.
I'm expecting to hear back at any moment that our account is set up. Then is a matter of bringing in the $1000 minimum of inventory they want us to order... :oops: what do all you people want... ;) lol!

In the meantime, we have something brewing with a little company named O'Brien pending their approval. My first conversation with the rep. went well, now is up to his boss... could be a long shot still, but it'd be pretty awesome if that deal came thru!

Greg__Berger

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We'd be interested in purchasing several towable or watersports items. Potentially looking for sit in tube, lay on top tube, kneeboard, skis (one with slalom), and a wakeboard. Likely not ready for all at once, but interested to see what comes of the O'Brien conversation.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We'd be interested in purchasing several towable or watersports items. Potentially looking for sit in tube, lay on top tube, kneeboard, skis (one with slalom), and a wakeboard. Likely not ready for all at once, but interested to see what comes of the O'Brien conversation.
We should have the ability to supply all of those items in the near future.

I am actually pretty stoked at the moment. I got a reply from the sales manager at O'Brien and he said their company seemed like it would be a great fit for us and to expect another call from the sales rep. I may or may not have done a happy dance...

I also have a deal pending with Liquid Force. They declined us the ability to offer their full catalog due to the fact we're don't have a storefront but, they did grant us access to the Liquid Force Wakefoil, Wakesurf Edge, and their subsidiary Straightline which offers tow ropes of every type.

We just jumped from tiny single brand dealer to 5ish. It's all a combination of exciting and overwhelming... I still think more exciting at this point...?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Shoot! I just ordered one of these ropes last week.

@RampRage has the previous version, and I really liked the foam handles for pulling up a little on the rope.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shoot! I just ordered one of these ropes last week.

@RampRage has the previous version, and I really liked the foam handles for pulling up a little on the rope.
That looks like a REALLY nice rope. I don't know that I'd feel to bad about that purchase. Here's a link to the Sraightline offerings. Maybe not quite so luxurious but nice enough.