• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet pump "blueprinting" (how it's done) - by WFO Performance

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have tried to contact the YJB member by "PM" (on old board), which I believe stands for "private message". That message has been stuck in the "outbox", has not been "sent" out. Well, I guess next thing is -- I will be sent out! LOL
I get points here for that, right?

--

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
haha, you actually have to log in to find/view that thread!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have tried to contact the YJB member by "PM" (on old board), which I believe stands for "private message". That message has been stuck in the "outbox", has not been "sent" out. Well, I guess next thing is -- I will be sent out! LOL
I get points here for that, right?

--
A message sitting in the out box just means that they haven't read it yet. At one point private messaging was turned off on YJB....too many people were sending each other our URL....so Brian turned it off in a feeble attempt to stop the inevitable. Pretty quiet over there these days.....Steve still posts and a few people who haven't figured out our URL yet! They'll get here eventually!

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did similar on mine but used 5200 as filler then smoothed it with thinner as it dried, so that the tunnels were all contoured and smooth. There were a few spots I was tempted to grind but the 5200 smoothed things nicely. Definitely reduced cavitation. Cam.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@swatski The poor guy posted back onDecember 15th on YJB and your reply to him on Jan 5th was his first reply.... :-(
And your replies are the ONLY replies! Funny how there is more discussion here on his post that where it started!

Looks like he spent a ton of time smoothing the intake tunnel....I'll bet that does help a lot. I think my intake causes quite a bit of cavitation....I plan to look at it this spring.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski The poor guy posted back onDecember 15th on YJB and your reply to him on Jan 5th was his first reply.... :-(
And your replies are the ONLY replies! Funny how there is more discussion here on his post that where it started!

Looks like he spent a ton of time smoothing the intake tunnel....I'll bet that does help a lot. I think my intake causes quite a bit of cavitation....I plan to look at it this spring.
You're right!
About that YJB member, I've been trying to reel him in, LOL, to no avail. Oh well, he will find us, eventually.

Those WFO guys are doing amazing work, as you could tell. For example, it has been known that Yammies have sealant issues around the transom plate (difficult if not impossible to see) -- these guys just took it all apart and sealed EVERYTHING, reusing everything but the wear ring segment. I think they even kept the SHO/HO shaft/stator/cone (as you can tell from the pictures -- the SHO/HO cone has 3 bolt pattern, unlike SVHO that has 4). Very clever pump mods - essentially making it into a 160mm pump at the cost of the impeller and the wear ring only!

And, made that 192 to easily outperform a stock 195 in the process, with some pretty simple mods. They are still doing some impeller tweaks to raise the RPM some and that boat is going to hit 55 mph this spring!

--

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I see more pump mods in @swatski future.

I call first in line if @swatski ever starts a side business soundproofing or jet pump tuning. Once he has worked out all the bugs on his own boat that is ;)

erj1452002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. Poor, but happy 2016 AR 192 owner here! Hoping for 55 mph this Spring! Right now we are at 53 mph (gps) and 7750 rpm (digital) at 50 degrees F on Lake Houston (fairly unloaded boat). That is up from a stock showing of 48 mph at 7600 rpm last Winter at the same temperature. Turning performance is surprisingly increased. Never felt the need to wear the cut off lanyard before. Now I do. The boat feels "sucked" to the water with the new pump set up! Richard Patterson of WFOPerformance in Houston is a detail oriented expert! If you are anywhere near Houston, he is the guy you want working on your boat!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@erj1452002 - Welcome to the forum. Great to have you onboard! I am anxious to hear more about how this is done and the results.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard @erj1452002, quite a project you have going on! I am glad to see that you are succeeding.

erj1452002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I'll post updates as they arise! Notable mods so far: R&D C1-11 wheel, R&D R3 flash of ECU, Riva Gen II Intercooler with Blow Off Valve, (WFOPerformance Cold Air Intake, Pump Blue Printing, Free Flow Exhast), Intake Ribbon Delete, Solas 160mm Impeller

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. Poor, but happy 2016 AR 192 owner here! Hoping for 55 mph this Spring! Right now we are at 53 mph (gps) and 7750 rpm (digital) at 50 degrees F on Lake Houston (fairly unloaded boat). That is up from a stock showing of 48 mph at 7600 rpm last Winter at the same temperature. Turning performance is surprisingly increased. Never felt the need to wear the cut off lanyard before. Now I do. The boat feels "sucked" to the water with the new pump set up! Richard Patterson of WFOPerformance in Houston is a detail oriented expert! If you are anywhere near Houston, he is the guy you want working on your boat!
YES, those are AWESOME results!!!!!
Welcome!

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Simple? Not sure about that, but I think I recall reading that he was $6K into it so far....
Yes, not simple, but I meant it more as in "strait forward".
Price tag is high, but the amount of work/hours may have a lot to do with it. And those guys at WFO are obviously not cutting any corners.

--

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

WFO Performance

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I finally found my way over from that "other" place. I hadn't logged on there since 2010. l would be happy to answer any questions about the work on ERJs boat as long as he's okay with it.