• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Pump Corrosion

chris2879

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I purchased a 2008 Yamaha SX210 in the fall of 2017. Last year i had it docked in the CT River in MA all summer. When u pulled it at the end of the year, the pumps looked nasty, much worse than the mid summer cleaning. I cleaned the boat with slimy grimy and it came out perfect except for the pumps. I previous owner had it wet slipped for 1 season, and cleaned it with On Off hull cleaner. I am not sure if the acid cleaner was the start of the way the pumps look or what. They seem to got worse last year. I believe the boat has been in salt water, but by the looks of the engine bay which is spotless, it does not appear to have been often or frequent. Attached are a picture of each pump.

I guess i am curious as to how to clean them and to prevent it from either happening again, or getting worse. These pumps are aluminum correct? Also, or they anodized? Could they be painted?

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If that stuff is sitting on the surface of the metal you may want to try a wire brush or a wire wheel on a drill. Try a lower inconspicuous area first. Maybe Jeff from Cobra Jet Steering can chime in.