• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet ski insurance

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So as not to derail the other thread, who are you using for ski insurance? I'm getting quotes all over the place. From 175/ski up to 400/per. Skisafe seems to be the best bang for buck right now, with State Farm being the highest. You? Thanks,

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use Allstate I know it's under 200 but don't recall exactly how much under 200 I wanted to say 168

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
USAA/Progressive was around $200, but I have steep coverages due to my umbrella policy.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pay around 40 a month with nationwide and they spent 6000 to buy me a new motor because I "collided" with grass that caused my motor to over heat and blow a head gasket

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have found Progressive to be the lowest price compared to State Farm on my past jet ski's. Now Progressive is considerably higher than State Farm on my SX230HO Boat.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I used Ski Safe, it was a lot less than BoatUS.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm with boat u.s. At $300 a year per ski. For me the peace of mind I get knowing I will be treated fairly and quickly should I make a claim is worth the price premium. Watch out for the gotchas though. I made a claim on a ski once and the damage was $4k but the pay out was reduced by something like 10% for every year the ski was old.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Erie Ins. Is about $200 for the year for my Sea Doo.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use Geico/Seaworthy for mine. They have a disappearing deductible. So far they have been awesome.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
USAA ports watercraft insurance over to Progressive, so that's who I use. Both ski's combined cost me $357 a year. Adding the boat this year brought it to $895 a year. Ugh...
However, they paid out very well one year when we had a issue on both skis due to low lake levels at the dock area. They took care of everything and did not even hesitate or bicker on costs.