• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Wash pressure hack?

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone figured out a way to get more pressure from your Jet Wash hose? New spray nozzles, hose, etc? I've already checked for kinks but all looks well. I saw the post from one of the ski boat guys who put a PVC fitting over his jet drive nozzle. Brilliant idea but not quite ready for that. I need more cowbell!

Yam190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It works great at full throttle

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Has anyone figured out a way to get more pressure from your Jet Wash hose? New spray nozzles, hose, etc? I've already checked for kinks but all looks well. I saw the post from one of the ski boat guys who put a PVC fitting over his jet drive nozzle. Brilliant idea but not quite ready for that. I need more cowbell!
Yeah, @Julian made one and gave it to me. Sadly, all your fancy new boats don't have the cool feature my "old" boat does. I can rev up the motor with the gate in neutral. So the cup goes over the nozzle, locks in with the gate, and then I rev up that motor, the water goes through the tube to a small nozzle and BOOM! instant squirt gun! Or ballast bag filler... or never gonna lose a water fight again!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I assume you have already increased the neutral throttle as much as it will go? (not in shallow water of course!)
I haven't but eager to try on someone unsuspecting down a raftup

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I haven't but eager to try on someone unsuspecting down a raftup
This was actually targetted at the OP @Earfixr . I THINK you can press the Cruise Assist/No Wake button while in neutral in increase the RPMs to a max of something like 2400....this increases the pressure in the pump...and thus the water pressure to the wash down. If yours is REALLY low....you might have a kink in the line, or perhaps one of the fittings has a burr in it obstructing flow?

If you post a short video of your max flow...others will chime in to say if that is normal or not.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can't you just add an inline pump to the fsh wash down system to increase the intake and output of water?

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have been planning to add a T to the live well fill hose and add a on demand salt water wash down pump

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
JDinfla, isn't that exactly what the JetWash is for?
I think what he is saying is to be able to have a wash down pump without cranking the motor.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with @kthrash and @JDinfla but now wonder how big the pickup is on the fsh. I have several wash down pumps and they all use a 1/2" to 3/4" ID intake hose. If the fsh uses the same dropping an aftermarket pump in place should be easy (i.e., one hose in, one out and three electical leads). Prices vary from $140 for a 3 gpm kit to $350 for a 6.5 gpm pump alone. Id buy the extended warranty since i have had a few pumps die on me .

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Jetwash? Hahaha

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The nice thing about jet wash is that the hose and coupler coming through into the boat are already there, add a pump and a little rerouting and at the flick of a switch you could have twice the pressure through the existing fsh wash down hose.

Thompsbren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had an extra hole in my hull from a re-located transducer and had a thru hull and wash down pump installed. Its a 3.5gpm Johnson pump that connects to the Jetwash hose and is powered by one of the accessory swithces. I had the factory jetwash disconnected because it was pretty useless to me. Works great and factory appearance. Probably not worth it if you don't have to find a use for a hole, but works for me.

IMG_2374.jpgIMG_2372.jpg