• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jetboat lever wont go into neutral

mleone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello,
I was out on the boat last night and I came into my dock and made a error coming so I had to shift from forward to reverse fast. Then I pulled in and after roping on,30 seconds later the lever wont go out of reverse. Luckily we were already docked because I would be floating.
Anyone know the issue? We justr purchased the boat earlier this week so its brand new.
Thanks

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would check the bucket first, if you had to do a quick shift to reverse the bucket may have traveled further than normal over the nozzle and it could be jammed under the nozzle lip. Look to see if the top of the bucket has slipped down past the top of the nozzle. If happened to us after I had adjusted for a "true Neutral" once. Good Luck!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds like you probably have some gravel stuck in the bucket. Were you really shallow with a gravel bottom when you jammed it into reverse?

To fix, grab the bucket and shake it hard. If that doesnt work, there is a spring loaded connector that connects the bucket to the reverse cable. Disconnect it and lossen the bucket.

DO NOT TRY BREAKING IT FREE WITH THE REVERSE LEVER!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sounds like you probably have some gravel stuck in the bucket. Were you really shallow with a gravel bottom when you jammed it into reverse?

To fix, grab the bucket and shake it hard. If that doesnt work, there is a spring loaded connector that connects the bucket to the reverse cable. Disconnect it and lossen the bucket.

DO NOT TRY BREAKING IT FREE WITH THE REVERSE LEVER!
If you don't know where the connector is that Julian if refering to here is a video showing where it is(go to the 8:30 mark) and how to remove and replace. Pay close attention to the positioning of the connector keep in on top.

YAMMY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This exact thing happened to me.
There was a small rock jammed in between the bucket and the jet nozzle.
This happened when docking in shallow water.
Could be this.