• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jetboaters.net Fantasy football??

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did this with some of my old car forums, and it was awesome. I think there were some free sites, and the winner won bragging rights for the rest of the year,lol.

Anyone interested? Its almost time to get one started if so, lets do this!!!!

League URL: http://jetboaters.league.fantasy.nfl.com
Password: yamaharocks

1. @ScarabMike - Scarab Bugs
2. @GiddYupJoe - Team O-H-I-O
3. @Jim Robeson - Southside Savages
4. @JC6275 - CHI-TOWN THUNDER
5. @96Pirate - Super Gmen
6. @Lextacy03 - Twin Screwing
7. @Suchawittygal - Yamaha Slammers
8. @Julian - DA BEERS!
9. @Bacchus_fl - 4th Down and Schlong

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I was thinking about asking this exact question. If you get enough interest I would like to play.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you are going to do an automated draft then I can play. I've done the live, on-line stuff before and it's gets pretty drawn out.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are going to do an automated draft then I can play. I've done the live, on-line stuff before and it's gets pretty drawn out.
I think you can choose to do automated or live Jim. Im thinking of doing the free NFL one.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I've never done fantasy football or any other . If I can get the basics explained and you all are willing, I'm interested..

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JC6275 ... basically you draft a team of NFL players and earn points on how they perform during the game. Depending on the league settings depends on how many points will be scored. Usually you'll start one QB, two to three RB, two to three WR, a TE, a Kicker, and a defense. Your points are awarded on how the league is set up. Say for instance your QB throws 3 TD's and has 300 yards passing for the day. Again, depending on leagues settings, he could possible score 33 points for that game. 6 for each TD and 15 for the 300 passing. Now if he gets picked off a couple of times those usually count against you. The rest of your offense would work the same way. Defense can score points off of turnovers, return yards, Defensive TD's or any other category that the leagues commish comes up with. Kickers score mainly from field goals and extra points aren't usually penalized for misses. Although I have had a kicker throw a TD pass before.

That's a very quick explanation but if you have questions I'm sure anyone here can answer it for you. It'll be fun!!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@JC6275 ... basically you draft a team of NFL players and earn points on how they perform during the game. Depending on the league settings depends on how many points will be scored. Usually you'll start one QB, two to three RB, two to three WR, a TE, a Kicker, and a defense. Your points are awarded on how the league is set up. Say for instance your QB throws 3 TD's and has 300 yards passing for the day. Again, depending on leagues settings, he could possible score 33 points for that game. 6 for each TD and 15 for the 300 passing. Now if he gets picked off a couple of times those usually count against you. The rest of your offense would work the same way. Defense can score points off of turnovers, return yards, Defensive TD's or any other category that the leagues commish comes up with. Kickers score mainly from field goals and extra points aren't usually penalized for misses. Although I have had a kicker throw a TD pass before.

That's a very quick explanation but if you have questions I'm sure anyone here can answer it for you. It'll be fun!!
Ok, sounds good. I'm assuming as you posted earlier this will be an automated draft so your players will be picked for you?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Ok, sounds good. I'm assuming as you posted earlier this will be an automated draft so your players will be picked for you?
It will have an automated option I would assume. You can let it ride and do the picking or you can jump in when ever you like if you prefer to take over.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I haven't heard yet. If it is you can usually go in and pre-rank your selections. What that does for you is say you really want to have Peyton Manning and you select 4th. You would want to rank him number one so that you would have the best shot at getting him at number 4. That's assuming that no one else wants him at number 1,2 or 3.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Got it. I would like the option of being able to select some. I am assuming we will be instructed on when and where to go for the draft. And get info on where we will pick in each round.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@ScarabMike looks like this is gaining some traction. Let us know when you decide what platform we are going to be playing on. Are you thinking 10 or 12 teams?

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys! I am in. I have my other draft on Aug 28th but any other day next week or the week after should work. You can go through Yahoo, ESPN or I think the NFL site. Most draft are done online now and you can setup your picks in advance or you can do it live. Or you can let the computer select for you based on the sites rankings. A warning for doing that though....Because the computer will pick based on overall rank you could end up with 3 QB's or 3 TE's. Most guys don't carry that many. You also need to watch out for the bye weeks. You don't want to end up with too many guys with byes the same week or you will basically forfeit that weeks games.

@ScarabMike Are you thinking trading/non-trading, waivers? Doing some of that might be too time consuming/confusing for the new guys. Just a thought.

Need a few more guys to have a league

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also to the new guys. You can go to Yahoo or ESPN and do some mock drafts. I highly recommend doing that to get used to it so you are comfortable when the real draft comes. Its not difficult, just some getting used to. And there are tons on information on rankings and so forth. Each site is a little different but have most of the same options. But once we know what site it would be run through, I would recommend practicing on that site.

@ScarabMike Not sure if you have a preference or if anyone else does but I would prefer Yahoo, only because I have my current league there. But I am totally open. I have used ESPN in the past as well.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
If you are short someone to own a team and need someone to laugh at....count me in! :)
@Julian .... I have already taken the "laughing stock" team!!! Don't be trying to horn me out!!! LOL!!