• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Joystick tower install

texmo02

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
This is the Joystick Pro - they offer several powdercoat color options, but we stuck with basic black. It is 2.5" OD tubing, 1/8" wall, and relatively lightweight. The tubing seemed so large when I opened the box, but I'm used to it now. The advantage of course, is no flex in the tubes. I store my boat in my 7' door garage, so the tower needs to fold beneath the windshield. Once disconnected from the rear bars, the straight front bars can fold forward or backward. In order to pivot forward, the swivel mount on the boat needs to be vertical rather than inline with bar. I have the rear bars upside down to better match the windshield line.

I chose where to mount in order to use two of the factory mount positions and keep the tower behind the drivers vision. I also wanted to keep the factory bimini. The front bimini bar has to be disconnected to clear. If using a tower mounted bimini, perhaps the front mount could be further forward.

There is a few inches clearance to sides of bimini, and room for smaller 6.5" speakers in the corners above.

There was a major problem though - access to the front right mount was nearly impossible. The interior panel for the throttle is glassed in - no chance to remove. I used 6"x10" aluminum plate for backing. The gelcoat/fiberglass here was only 1/4". In the rear there was more than 3/4". It's done now, but I would recommend mounting a foot forward, rear mounts as well if you want to keep the recommended geometry.

The front bar can fold backward, but sits on the bimini bars and makes it tough to get on the boat

This worked out well for the rear bars, pivot back only. Loctite on the other bolts and set screws keeps the bars aligned.

Irvs

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
looks good!