• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Just got back from our second day on the lake.

primedoc

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Had a buddy (with plenty of boating experience) and his family come with us. What a piece of cake with someone to help with the truck/trailer and boat. Water and wind was calm, I was over-steering about 50% less and got a better feel for the TDEs. Slid right on the trailer on the first attempt!!

My buddy was amazed with the boat. I let him drive most of the day because we will be spending a lot of time with his family this Summer camping, riding, tubing, skiing, and wake boarding. He was shocked by the hole shot and maneuverability - especially high-speed turns. He said "I'm glad that I have such a good friend with such an awesome boat." LOL

Something special bout a woman holding baby with a ice cold beer in the cup holder.. lol.. things change when we become boat people.. she fit in fast. Haha

Looks like another day of fun!!! Be careful with the kiddos and no life jackets while underway. It took a lot of smooth talking to get out of the ticket I was going to be cited with on my very first day with my boat. Yep, first day out 200 yards from the dock. I told my wife after hearing the siren, hey they must want to get past us. She said no they are pointing at us. Crap! That was a year ago, now the kids don't step foot on board without the jackets on.

Looks like another day of fun!!! Be careful with the kiddos and no life jackets while underway. It took a lot of smooth talking to get out of the ticket I was going to be cited with on my very first day with my boat. Yep, first day out 200 yards from the dock. I told my wife after hearing the siren, hey they must want to get past us. She said no they are pointing at us. Crap! That was a year ago, now the kids don't step foot on board without the jackets on.
The kids gotta have em on. Even if it wasn't the law I would insist or they ride in my boat. Now for adults that's a different story there, we have experience at being dumb asses!

Something special bout a woman holding baby with a ice cold beer in the cup holder.. lol.. things change when we become boat people.. she fit in fast. Haha

...uh that was one of my empties. She is a good mama (would never be caught dead on camera with a beer and a baby.

The kids gotta have em on. Even if it wasn't the law I would insist or they ride in my boat. Now for adults that's a different story there, we have experience at being dumb asses!

I agree. We had 'em on yesterday but not today. Everyone was a little distracted and we haven't exactly mastered a routine yet. I know that all it takes is one time, but that is true of anything, gun safety, seat belts, colonoscopies, etc. Thanks for the feedback. We will get it corrected.

Had a buddy (with plenty of boating experience) and his family come with us. What a piece of cake with someone to help with the truck/trailer and boat. Water and wind was calm, I was over-steering about 50% less and got a better feel for the TDEs. Slid right on the trailer on the first attempt!!

My buddy was amazed with the boat. I let him drive most of the day because we will be spending a lot of time with his family this Summer camping, riding, tubing, skiing, and wake boarding. He was shocked by the hole shot and maneuverability - especially high-speed turns. He said "I'm glad that I have such a good friend with such an awesome boat." LOL
Hope you guys have many fun filled days with your new boat. It won't take long to get used to the low speed steering. Gotta teach the wife too just in case you have a few to many

Congrats! Good times on the water with family!!!!

You guys are in for such an awesome Summer!!!!! Like Like Like!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

And when the weather warms it will open up a completely different experience too.

Great to see you getting on with your new baby :winkingthumbsup"

...uh that was one of my empties. She is a good mama (would never be caught dead on camera with a beer and a baby.
Hopefully mamma understood this comment was in jest..lol

Awesome man!! Get as much in as you can in our short boating season! Don't forget the key floaties (from the picture)!! That would make for a long day on the water!

Awesome man!! Get as much in as you can in our short boating season! Don't forget the key floaties (from the picture)!! That would make for a long day on the water!

And I would recommend splitting up the sets of keys into 2 pairs (BOTH with floaties). . . . That way in case they get lost there is another set somewhere.

nice Day with the Family and Friends.... those are always good times...
We did the same thing yesterday with our neighbors...

Awesome pics. Looks like you guys are set for a fun season. Kids sure love to be up front in the wind regardless of temps.

Awesome pics. Looks like you guys are set for a fun season. Kids sure love to be up front in the wind regardless of temps.

That is true! When we went out at the end of December my 7 year old was completely covered with a blanket, balled up on the front seat, he wouldn't come back behind the windshield for nothing!

All of the parents on here make me feel like we are all the "Clark W. Griswolds" of our generation trying to make something special happen for our families - hopefully we are having better luck than ol' Clark did. LOL

@Sotally Tober you are included in that group since ol' Clark did have Christie Brinkley!!

Back