• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Just my 2 Cents Worth ........

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had this thought (not original whatosever) this morning ........

FISHING.jpg

Fishing is not my thing. I always tell people it seems like a good way to ruin a boat ride. Both of my brother-in-laws think that's the only reason to go on a boat.

One of my daughters will be home for our trip to the river in a couple of weeks. She got into fishing with her friends while at school and wanted to know if we could fish on the Colorado when we go.

Well, a CA resident license is $46.44. That's kinda steep for a day or two. A one-day license is $14.86 and a two-day is $23.25, but technically she's now a resident of Illinois so she'd have to get a Non- Resident License: $124.77 :eek:

I told her that fishing wasn't allowed on the Colorado.:rolleyes:

You can buy some nice fillets for $125!

One of my daughters will be home for our trip to the river in a couple of weeks. She got into fishing with her friends while at school and wanted to know if we could fish on the Colorado when we go.

Well, a CA resident license is $46.44. That's kinda steep for a day or two. A one-day license is $14.86 and a two-day is $23.25, but technically she's now a resident of Illinois so she'd have to get a Non- Resident License: $124.77 :eek:

Stop over on the AZ side and pick up an AZ license for $55.00 for the whole year!
More than 300 locations.......
http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/documents/DealerMasterbyCity.pdf

OR

You can even have the non-resident license mailed to you!
http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/documents/NonresMailOutForm.pdf

Just make sure you fish only on the Arizona side of the river....:winkingthumbsup"

Fishing is not my thing. I always tell people it seems like a good way to ruin a boat ride. Both of my brother-in-laws think that's the only reason to go on a boat.
I am going to use that!!

I agree with you @Tranio. Thing is I've got a 20 month old grandson. I figure when he's 4 or 5 I'll have to take him out fishin at least once. Rite of passage ya know. They remember those things and boatin's all about good memories. :)

I agree with you @Tranio. Thing is I've got a 20 month old grandson. I figure when he's 4 or 5 I'll have to take him out fishin at least once. Rite of passage ya know. They remember those things and boatin's all about good memories. :)
I don't fish..... I have however indulged myself with incessant monofilament untangling, combined with endless lure changing in pursuit of a small boys happiness.....

safe_image.php

$46.44 for a license to fish? That buys 10 gallons of gas and 15 minutes of fun with the throttle wide open. I would rather go full speed and chase ducks.

Wait til she sees everyone else with a line in the water. . . . . .bad daddy.

Yeah, same here. The boys want me to "teach" them how to fish so I suppose I'm going to have to give in to the pressure and buy a license this year - maybe. (They ARE easily distracted though: "Hey boys! Look over there!" So maybe I can sneak out of it for one more year.)

In order to teach them everything I know about fishing, it will take approximately 20 seconds longer than it took me to teach them any sports-related activities (swinging a bat, throwing a football, etc). Which is to say, about 30 seconds.

I DO own a fishing pole. It's been left in the out-building at Mom's cottage since I moved out of the house 20 years ago. I also own a small tackle box with a couple of spoons, a Rappala, and a Mepps lure in it.

I dread that question from the DNR: "So what are ya fishing for?" "Uhhhhh... Fish?"

I like fishing ... but mostly like the excuse to go out in the boat... so.... i fish too... been wondering what the fishers do to keep the boat clean with all that blood and guts flying around... Best cleaner for that fish muck and such??

I totally get the Fishing thing, grew up on the Chesapeake Bay, .... My parents only fished....
My neighbors Sailed and Waterskied ....
.... I always liked to go on my neighbors Ski Boat...

I did not like the Fishing part at all.... Not sure why....

Bama Bass Boat - XXX.jpg

Back