• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just Picked Up My New 22 Ar195. New To Jet Boats.s

YatesAr195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We just picked up this new Ar195 and are looking for any must have accessories and suggestions for proper docking and loading. So far we are loving it however it is a learning curve coming from my prop boat.
20210822_072700.jpg

.20210822_072546.jpg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sweet! Nice looking boat. I mimic the same comment as above. I'd go with the Cobras instead but either one will greatly improve steering. Please make sure you have all you safety equipment on board (as you know). Next, I'd work on the sound system. But most of all, have fun!!!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Cobra steering is the innovator of jet boat steering, 20 years of experience and 5 us patents with over 100 patented claims get the most features and benefits available, install the super ultimate AK-19 deluxe steering system it has tempered aluminum, adjustable, spring loaded fins and a plaining surface for a cleaner wake ,faster hole shot and a smoother ride, with enhanced steering at all speeds even during deceleration , in forward and reverse not just part time slow speed only . Never buy a price when you are making an important decision like control of your boat providing the safety and enjoyment for your family and friends out on the water. Choose the strongest with the most features and benefits The super ultimate ak-19 deluxe system is easy to install has no sharp corners on the fins and is $268.99 with free priority mail in the u s a. plus a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Cobra Super Ultimate AK-19 and new Super Ultimate AK-19 DELUXE steering for 2019 and newer Yamaha Single Engine Jet Boats

Attachments

Gmole

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on your new boat. A set of thrust vectors and trailer guide poles. Both will make your boating experience way better.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Since you are new to this if you only want steering assistance at slow speeds like at the dock either set will work for that as Cobra steering is adjustable and selectable, but if you want excellent steering at all speeds and for water sport activities or for dealing with wind waves and strong currents and you want control when you rapidly decelerate and a plaining surface for faster hole shots a smoother ride in chop and a cleaner wake for water sport activities and a system that does not create water spray behind the boat there is ONLY ONE system made of tempered aluminum with all those features and benefits and naturally it is COBRA JET STEERING also for the record this system will not void your warranty so if someone tries to tell you that PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP! it also has a very smooth steering effect in the wheel and it will not harm your factory setup rip your pump off cut your feet off or any other nonsense but again please let me know if someone tells you that stuff so I can deal with it. Again since you are new to this I would suggest you do your research on steering yes you need it but choose wisely. They are not alike.

Seattle_Phaeton

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat. This may sound strange as a must have, but charging cables for cell phone or phones. Especially if you are going to take alot of pictures or videos while out on the water to capture all those memories. Have fun and be safe.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We just picked up this new Ar195 and are looking for any must have accessories and suggestions for proper docking and loading. So far we are loving it however it is a learning curve coming from my prop boat.
View attachment 161274

.View attachment 161273
Can You take a few measurements for me? I want to order guide poles for my unarrived 252sd. What is the width and height of the trailer rectangle? Oh and congrats!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. I'm a beast at manoeuvering now. Keep at it. It gets easy. My only reason to get fins is so that others may pilot the boat every now and then

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. I'm a beast at manoeuvering now. Keep at it. It gets easy. My only reason to get fins is so that others may pilot the boat every now and then
100% agree here. I love my finless boat. Had a couple other folks drive mine and the learning curve was pretty quick......they didn't dock or load though.

Wife loaded the finless wonder onto the trailer, in the dark, with a sharp current on the Ohio River last night. She's better than she thinks, and way better than me.

As for the original question. Only thing I would consider a mandatory mod is a check and reseal of the intake tunnel. The rest is all person preference and budget driven.

My big goal for winter mods is seadeck and a grill!

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just like @2kwik4u i am finless also. I have been debating on getting some cobras, not for the dock but at speed. The boat tends to wonder when going over rollers. Also my wife rocks at the dock and loading on the trailor.

YatesAr195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for all the responses! I am looking into the fins. After a day on the lake again today I am starting to get used to the jet maneuvering. I did come up with a few more questions. I noticed an odd noise from the motor normally at slower rpms. Almost like sucking sound through a straw. I checked the clean out and everything seems to be good there. Is this anything to worry about? Could this have to do with the suggestion of checking and resealing the intake tunnel?

Last edited:

YatesAr195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Can You take a few measurements for me? I want to order guide poles for my unarrived 252sd. What is the width and height of the trailer rectangle? Oh and congrats!
I will get some measurements tomorrow.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just like @2kwik4u i am finless also. I have been debating on getting some cobras, not for the dock but at speed. The boat tends to wonder when going over rollers. Also my wife rocks at the dock and loading on the trailor.
What you should do is add the base super magnum ak-19 deluxe to your boat only $369.99 https://jetboaters.net/threads/2021-ar250-cobra-jet-steering-fins-only-review.34170/ that gives you the super fins for both slow and high speed and the second tie rod for balance and redundancy. great for wind waves and strong currents .

Attachments

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks for all the responses! I am looking into the fins. After a day on the lake again today I am starting to get used to the jet maneuvering. I did come up with a few more questions. I noticed an odd noise from the motor normally at slower rpms. Almost like sucking sound through a straw. I checked the clean out and everything seems to be good there. Is this anything to worry about? Could this have to do with the suggestion of checking and revealing the intake tunnel?
Not sure, you do have a SVHO eng I've only had the HO's. Maybe it's the super charger.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congratulations on the new boat! :winkingthumbsup"

Jim

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You tube Yamaha svho engine and you can listen to it idle at low Rpms. It almost sounds like marbles rattling around which is completely normal

jschulz900

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just put my deposit down for a 2022 green ar195 as well looks great enjoy

YatesAr195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you! We lucked into this one. I called the dealer to kick the tires and they had just got it in. So far we are loving it.