• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just pulled the trigger

336intrepid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well I have been bitten by the jet boat bug and just purchased a 2020 242 Limited SE last night. The dealer is taking it to the Cleveland boat show this week so when it’s back, I will get to pick it up. I’m looking forward to the exchange of information as I have owned boats for over 30 years and this all new to me.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! This forum is a great resource full of wonderful boat loving people. It might take a few outings to get used to the differences of a jet boat, but you're going to love the thing.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome. Good luck. Just bought my 2014 ar192 about 3 weeks ago. Super excited for this boating season! Good luck!

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome @336intrepid. I have a 2019 of the same model. There are a number of us here from the Cleveland/Columbus/Cincinnati area, what will your home lake be?

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! Congrats on the new boat!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats.....I have a 2016 242 Limited SE and totally love it. Can't say anything negative about it. Awesome boat!:Welcome:

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to one of the best sites on the planet for jet boat lovers. Great boat, i picked up the same one in Sep 2019 but was only able to get out twice before boating season was over here in freezing MN. You will have a great time.

one thought, I hope the dealer is compensating you somehow for showing and demoing your boat at the show? Frankly, I would have said no way In hell.

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome to the club!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats !! Your going to love it. I do mine .

336intrepid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome! This forum is a great resource full of wonderful boat loving people. It might take a few outings to get used to the differences of a jet boat, but you're going to love the thing.
Thanks for the support and advice.

336intrepid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome @336intrepid. I have a 2019 of the same model. There are a number of us here from the Cleveland/Columbus/Cincinnati area, what will your home lake be?
I’m thinking for right now Summerville, WV or Tygart lake near Grafton WV.
We moved here a few years ago after being in the Bahamas for the last 20 years so we are going to have to figure out what works best.

336intrepid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Co
Welcome. Good luck. Just bought my 2014 ar192 about 3 weeks ago. Super excited for this boating season! Good luck!
congratulations to you as well.

336intrepid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m thinking Summerville WV or Tygert Lake near Grafton. Whats a good lake in your area to visit.

336intrepid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Will you be at the boat show with a taser making sure everyone takes their shoes off lol
I wish I was going to be able to go BUT it’s probably better for me not to see it as it would probably drive me nuts to watch.

336intrepid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to one of the best sites on the planet for jet boat lovers. Great boat, i picked up the same one in Sep 2019 but was only able to get out twice before boating season was over here in freezing MN. You will have a great time.

one thought, I hope the dealer is compensating you somehow for showing and demoing your boat at the show? Frankly, I would have said no way In hell.
Well you are 100% correct as I did say not but then they became very generous and also agreed to delay final pmt and acceptance until it’s back from the show. There was no way I was letting them take a boat already titled to me and carry the liability. They also agreed that should I not accept the boat after the show they would reorder another one to my satisfaction.